1. Always offering your love. Lots of hugs and kisses.
2. Trying to see things from your kid’s point of view. Asking their opinion whenever it’s possible or appropriate.
3. Patience. And then more patience on top of that.
4. Setting boundaries, lest you end up with little monsters who walk all over you.
5. Giving unconditional love.
6. Having one-on-one time with each kid. If you have one child, making sure you have ‘solo’ time with that child, too.
7. Learning that discipline is a good thing; gentle, non-violent discipline. When you say ‘no’, mean it. That way, you’re not raising brats.
8. When you bring a new life into the world, they should be your top priority, and know it. It’s a great way to raise up a strong, self-assured, confident person.
9. Be their parent; not their friend, for the first 18 years or so. Then you’ll be their best friend for the rest of your lives, when they hit about 20 and suddenly get what you did for them. It’s pretty awesome!
10. Be willing to get peed, pooped, and vomited upon.
11. Having a sense of humour.
13. Making sure you always do the best you can; admit when you’re not. Learn to do better, and follow through.
14. Being able to survive harsh conditions; all kinds of harsh conditions.
15. Relaxing a little.
16. Not freaking out about doing things perfectly, or according to what everyone else says.
17. Getting some time away, so you can come back an even better parent.
18. Thinking first before you yell or hit, or learn to live with regret.
19. Baby-proofing really well so you don’t have to say ‘No’ all the time when they get into things they shouldn’t.
20. Always letting your children know when they do a good job.
What are the qualities of a good mother?
- 8 qualities of a mother. So, what makes a great mom? …
- Patient. With patience, you’re less likely to yell or say things you might regret, especially when it’s crunch time in the morning and you need to get out the door. …
- Respectful. …
- Strong. …
- Humble. …
- Empathetic. …
- Authoritative. …
`What is a great mother?
The, a vaguely defined deity symbolizing maternity, the fertility of the earth, and femininity in general; the central figure in the religions of ancient Anatolia, the Near East, and the eastern Mediterranean, later sometimes taking the form of a specific goddess, as Cybele, Rhea, or Demeter.
5 Qualities of a good mother according to the Bible
Here are 5 characteristics we can see from Scripture that a godly mother should possess.
- #1 A Godly Mother Will Seek Knowledge. …
- #2 A Godly Mother Will Submit to Her Husband. …
- #3 A Godly Mother Fears the Lord. …
- #4 A Godly Mother Is Content with What God Blesses Her With. …
- #5 A Godly Mother Proactively Cares for Her Hom