How exciting – a new baby has arrived! A thoughtful message from friends and family can mean the world to new parents. Remember, life’s adventures don’t suddenly end because a new baby arrives – it’s only the beginning! Here are a few ideas for ways to begin your card:
- To the proud new parents
- Dear Mom, Dad, and Baby [name]
- To the [surname] family
- Congrats to the new mommy and daddy
- [Parent’s names], warm congratulations on the birth of [baby’s name]
- [Parent’s and children’s names], congrats on the addition of [baby’s name] to your family
Here are some more tips for writing your message:
- You may like to add an offer of support for those hazy days and sleepless nights ahead.
- Be mindful of the parenting situation, e.g. single parenting, surrogate, step-parents etc
- If the new arrival has health challenges, keep your message optimistic and hopeful.
- Don’t rush in with lots of advice! (I know it’s tempting)
Short New Baby Wishes to Write in a Card
It’s always so exciting when someone you know has had a baby, and you want to write a card message to congratulate the new parents! Here are some short new baby wishes you can use as a starting point for a baby congratulations SMS or card message and do personalize them further if you want to!
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious baby!
Welcome, little one!
Sending love and blessings to the new baby!
Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting the newest member of the family!
One tiny baby surrounded by so many happy hearts. Congratulations and much love to you all.
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby. Let us know if you need anything – we’re here to help!
All the best to your growing family. We’re so happy for you!
Overjoyed for you guys!
We’re so happy for you two!
We cannot wait to meet the cutie pie!
So happy for your little family!
You’ve been truly blessed. Sending you all our best wishes and many congratulations on this happy occasion.
Welcome to the world, little baby! And many congratulations to the proud parents!
There’ll be lots of worries and lots to do, but just remember, we’re so proud of you! Congratulations on your new baby!
We want to say ‘Welcome’ to your new baby! What a perfect addition to an amazing family.
Today you hold a beautiful miracle in your arms. Congratulations on your new baby!
Congratulations to the proud parents of such a sweet baby!
We heard that your kid is the cutest one in the whole hospital! Congrats on your new baby!
Congratulations on your new addition to the family. We can’t wait to spoil [him/her] and give [him/her] all our love!
Sometimes 1 + 1 = 3. Congratulations on you new baby!
Welcome to the World of Wonder and Onesies!
Many congratulations to you both! Enjoy getting to know your sweet baby.
Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby! We are so very happy for you both, and we just can’t wait to meet your gorgeous little one!
Wishing you both our heartfelt congratulations on the arrival of your new baby! Well done, everyone! We cannot wait to meet [him/her] soon!
Funny New Baby Wishes
A new baby arriving will be full of funny moments – best remembered to mention on their 21st birthday! Life with a newborn can be stressful, so funny baby wishes can help lift the spirits of fresh new parents. Keep the occasion light and cheery with these humorous new baby messages.
Congrats on your new alarm clock… let the noise begin! Sleep is overrated. Babies are not.
Welcome to the world of parenthood. Eat, sleep, poo, repeat.
Congrats on your new roomie! We will celebrate when you have free time again in 18 years or so. Enjoy every second!
Congrats on the arrival of your beautiful baby, and sympathies for your lady bits at this time.
A new baby makes love stronger, your home happier, the days shorter, nights longer, and bank accounts emptier. Congrats and have fun!
New Baby Girl Wishes and Messages
If you know that it’s a baby girl, there are many ways to express your love for this sweet new family member. You can be excited for your friends or family and still wonder what to write in a baby card. Here are some cute new baby wishes for girls to get you started.
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful baby girl!
May the arrival of your new baby girl bring you many cuddles, fun adventures, and a lifetime of sweet memories.
Your new daughter makes an adorable addition to an already wonderful family. May her beautiful smile make your world seem a little brighter every day.
As you look into her eyes, you see the sparkle of promise. As you listen to the tiny whisper of her breathing and feel the rhythm of her heart, know that you are holding, in your arms, a precious miracle.
Congratulations on bringing such a precious life into the world. For the coming days, I wish you joy, smiles, and love. You deserve them all, and I’m sure you’ll find them in your sweet daughter.
She has ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes, with rosy pink cheeks and a cute button nose. Congratulations on the new beautiful love of your life!
You’ve spent nine months preparing for a lifetime of love with your sweet baby girl.
New Baby Boy Wishes and Messages
They’ve had a baby boy? That’s so exciting, and these thoughtful new baby wishes for baby boys are a wonderful starting place for crafting a congratulatory message to the new parents on the arrival of their little guy.
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your gorgeous baby boy!
And so the adventure begins… I can’t think of two people better suited to bring up this amazing baby boy. Congratulations and warmest wishes for the future!
Months ago, you just couldn’t wait to meet your baby boy. At last he has arrived! Congratulations on becoming a mom and dad to such a cute little boy!
A miracle just came into your life. It’s a miracle made of tiny baby boy smiles, hugs, and lots of love.
Your baby boy is finally here, ready for you to treat him like the prince he is. We couldn’t be happier for you!
First, he was a dream in your hearts. Now he’s a miracle that you hold in your arms. And he’ll forever be the love of your lives. Many congratulations on the arrival of your sweet baby boy.
To the new parents: Welcome to sleepless nights and restless days as you care for your new baby boy. Just remember, it’s all worth it, every last moment.
Baby Congratulations for Twins, Triplets, and More!
Having twins offers adventure and excitement for parents and loved ones alike. Not only will there be a new addition to the family, but there will be two, three, or possibly even more. Craft an optimistic baby congratulations message to let the couple how happy you are for them and that they’re not alone.
Two times the babies means two times the love and joy. Congratulations on your miraculous twins!
Sometimes 1 + 1 = 4! Overjoyed for you both on the safe arrival of your sweet babies!
We’re so proud of you! Congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous babies!
May the birth of your children open up a whole new world of adventure, lightness, and wonder. Many congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful babies.
Congratulations on your [triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets]! Wishing you all the love and joy in this new stage of your life. The more the merrier!
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful twins! We’re so happy for you!
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious twin [girls/boys]. Much love to you all.
New Baby Wishes & Messages for Grandparents
Having a new baby in the family is an amazing experience for grandparents as well. This marks a milestone the new grandparents have been looking forward to for a long time. Here are a few new baby wishes to help congratulate them on this exciting addition to their family.
Congratulations on the arrival of your first grandchild! You have been truly blessed. Sending you our best wishes and many congratulations on this happy occasion.
Congratulations on the birth of your new baby [Grandson / Granddaughter]!
You two will make amazing grandparents. Congratulations on the new addition to the family!
Congratulations! A new Grandma is born. Best of wishes on your new grandbaby.
The birth of a baby in your family brings renewed hope for the future. May you and your family enjoy this new life and the brightness it shines!
Warmest wishes to the new baby in your life. I hope you get the chance to overwhelm [him/her] with all the love in the world, spoil [him/her] with gifts, and cherish every moment.
We’re thrilled to hear that your new grandchild has arrived safely! Many congratulations to you and the family.
New Baby Wishes & Messages for Coworkers
When friends or family have a baby, that’s one thing, but maybe you’re wondering how to congratulate a coworker on a new baby? Even though you’re excited for the couple, you may not be close enough to know what exactly is going on. Knowing whether the baby is a boy or girl offers an easy way to personalize the message without the details. Or choose one of our short and simple sentiments to let them know that you’re thinking of them.
Congratulations on your new baby! Enjoy these precious early days, and don’t worry about work – everything is under control!
Sending our best wishes to you and your family on the arrival of your little bundle of joy!
Best wishes and congratulations to you and your family on this happy occasion.
Congratulations to you and your family on the arrival of your gorgeous baby!
Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby, and very best wishes for the future!
Many congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby.
New Baby Wishes for Difficult Circumstances
Sometimes we need to express the joy of welcoming a newborn baby while acknowledging a health issue or other difficult circumstance. Even as congratulations are in order, it can also be appropriate to address the difficulty that the parents face with words of warmth, compassion, and optimism. Here are some thoughtful new baby wishes for challenging circumstances that might help you find the right words to write in a new baby card.
Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby. We are sorry that these early days have been so challenging, and we are keeping your family in our prayers. Sending you all our love and support.
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby. Your little family has been through a lot, and we are keeping you in our prayers. Wishing you all the love in the world!
We’re sending a warm welcome to your new baby, along with all of our love and healing thoughts for mom.
Our fondest congratulations on the birth of your baby. As you take each day at a time, we’re keeping the whole family in our thoughts and prayers.
Congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous little baby. We’re very sorry to hear [he/she] is unwell, and we are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Adopting a child can be a generous way for someone to make their dream of parenthood come true. It gives a child a loving family situation while offering the parents an opportunity to grow their family. If you’re wondering how to congratulate someone on an adoption, here are a few message ideas to get you started.
Congratulations to you and your family on this happy occasion. Sending all our love and best wishes.
We’re so happy that you have been blessed with a [boy/girl] who you will always cherish. May you remember this day with fond memories!
Your new child is here to make your love feel stronger, your days feel shorter, the nights seem longer, your savings a little smaller. But it’s all worth it as your home grows happier each day.
Congratulations on your new arrival! May your sweet baby bring you many cuddles, fun adventures, and a lifetime of beautiful memories.
We can’t wait to meet your new family member. Wishing you many years of joy and happiness. Congratulations!
New Baby Quotes
Babies are favorite topics to write about and discuss. Everyone who has experienced the glorious love of a new baby has something to weigh in on this topic. We’ve collected a variety of quotations, from sentimental to funny, that make for good messages along with your personalized new baby wishes.
‘If I am thinking correctly,’ said Pooh, ‘a new baby is probably undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be.’
~ A.A. Milne
Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.
~ Carrie Fisher
Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart. – Winnie the Pooh
~ A.A. Milne
Just like a plant needs light and space to grow, a child needs love and freedom to unfold.
~ Sigrid Leo
When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog: ‘Fetch!’.
~ Bruce Lansky
You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.
~ Lish McBride
A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.
~ Tanya Masse
When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born it’s first laugh becomes a fairy.
~ J.M. Barrie, from Peter Pan
A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
~ Edna J. Le Shan
Life doesn’t get more real than having a newborn at home.
~ Eric Church
Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
~ Penelope Leach
I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
~ Vincent Van Gogh
Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.
~ Taylor Hanson
Children see magic because they look for it.
~ Christopher Moore
There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.
~ Jared Padalecki
A baby makes love stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, savings smaller, and a home happier.
There is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place.
~ Virginia Kelley
Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.
~ Jean de la Bruyere
Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~ Elizabeth Stone
Join them in their world when they’re little so you’ll be welcome in their world when they get big.
~ L.R. Knost
The most precious jewels, you’ll ever have around your neck, are the arms of your children.
Baby Shower Wishes & Card Messages
The baby shower offers a moment to share your excitement with the new mom while letting her know that she has a whole community of support for raising the child. Make your baby shower card a personal message between yourself and the new mom about this wonderful time in her life.
Congratulations on your little one. I can’t wait to welcome [him/her] into the world. For now, just enjoy the peace and quiet!
I can’t think of anything more exciting than looking forward to the arrival of the new little love of your life! Many congratulations!
We’re so happy that it’s almost time for you to meet your new baby. Here’s to a future full of playdates and birthdays and fun!
I can’t think of two people better suited to becoming parents! Best of luck for these last few weeks of pregnancy and baby’s arrival, we can’t wait to meet your little bundle of joy!
Your new bundle of joy is on the way with new tiny laundry to fold. I hope that washing and folding these tiny clothes will help you feel ready for the joys of parenthood that lie ahead.
We’re so excited that your baby will be here soon! Wishing you all the best for the last few weeks of your pregnancy and the early days of parenthood. You’ve got this!
What To Write On A Card For Baby Boy
Similar to our baby shower card guide, this will probably depend on your relationship to the couple.
Address it to both parents if that is the family set-up. If it’s a single-parent family, then address it just to the one parent. Also, feel free to include the baby on the address line, although give it a few years before they’ll actually be able to read your well-wishes!
- “Dear Mom, Dad and Baby XX.”
- “To the XX family.”
- “Welcome Baby XX.”
- “Dear the newest arrival.”
Although the new mother and father may be sleep-deprived and on a constant diaper changing rota, they’ll definitely appreciate the attempt at humor. Even if they don’t have the energy to actually laugh out loud.
- “Goodbye tummy – hello mummy.”
- “Welcome to the Parenthood club. Eat, sleep, poo, repeat.”
- “Congratulations on your bundle of joy. Your baby is definitely cuter than all other babies.”
- “9 months later and you have a beautiful new baby. And here’s to 18 more years of worry and tearing your hair out. Enjoy every second.”
- “Now that you are parents, it’s important to make wise decisions for your child. For example, you’ll need to find someone suitable to raise them!”
For first time parents, the newborn stage is an especially treasured and eye-opening stage of parenthood. Reflect the uniqueness of the moment with a heartfelt message of congratulations.
- “Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy. They are so gorgeous and I know you will make the most wonderful parents.”
- “Welcoming your new baby with wishes of health, happiness and plenty of sleep.”
- “Best wishes to your new family. The love and pride you will feel as a parent is like no other. Embrace the journey!”
- “At last your beautiful baby is here. Best wishes to you all.”
Although not their first baby, the new arrival is no less special for the parents. This is also a great opportunity to include a message to the older sibling, who is no longer the only baby in the house!
- “Another beautiful blessing for your family. May your growing family be blessed with the great memories and great fun.”
- “Welcome to the big sister / brother club.”
- “Once again you have a gorgeous new baby. Congratulations on expanding your family, and welcoming even more love into your life.”
- “Although your sibling may be annoying right now, they will also one day be your best friend and accomplice. Enjoy showing them the ropes.”
What could be better than one baby? Having two. Send double the love and double the good luck wishes.
- “Double congratulations on the arrival of your twins.”
- “You have been twice blessed with double the fun, love, laughter, and dirty diapers! Enjoy every second.”
- “Look at the bright side. At least you only have to throw one birthday party!”
- “Congratulations on the birth of your twins. Get ready for lots of noise, laughter, hugs and a tonne of fun.”
For some parents, the journey to parenthood may not be so straightforward. You can acknowledge this in the card, but welcoming a new baby is pretty universal and all other messages should also work here.
- “This precious baby is a gift to you, and you are a blessing to them. Congratulations on your incredible family.”
- “All your dreams of parenthood have finally come true. Sending love to you both and your new arrival.”
- “Adoption is an act of true love and selflessness. You’re a special couple and your family deserves a lifetime of happiness.”
- “The warmth and love of a family is an incredible thing, and to share that with your new family member is an amazing act. Best wishes and huge congratulations.”
You may have previously stayed up through the night partying or studying, but now your friend will be up all night with their baby. Mark this incredible next step in their journey and in your friendship with one of the following messages.
- “Baby booties, baby toys, baby cuddles, baby joys. Warmest wishes to you and your baby.”
- “Remember how we used to stay up until all hours partying. Well, that was good practice for having a newborn.”
- “Big welcome to the new arrival. Can’t wait for our children to become best friends, just as I’ve been lucky to have you as my best friend.”
- “Overjoyed for you guys! One tiny baby surrounded by so much care and happiness. You are both great friends and will no doubt make great parents.”
A new baby means another guest at family parties, and promotes you to the title of aunt, uncle, grandma or grandpa. Use one of the following to welcome the newest member of your family.
- “Welcome to the family. They say it takes a village to raise a child. And I can’t wait to become a resident of that village.”
- “We are lucky to be your grandparents and can’t wait to spoil you every chance we can!”
- “Just remember I will always be fun uncle XX. Come to me whenever you want to complain about mom / dad.”
- “Delighted to have another member of the family. Hopefully, you inherit my good looks, sense of humor and brilliant personality.”
A short and simple message may be the best option for a new baby card for a co-worker. These messages are also great, whether it is a baby boy or baby girl.
- “Congratulations on the arrival of baby XX. Wishing you all the best with your new arrival.”
- “Wishing your family a lifetime of happiness and love. May your greatest times be spent together.”
- “Sending wishes of health and happiness to your new arrival. Congratulations on your new arrival.”
- “This is a beautiful time in your life you will never want to forget. I hope you have a happy and healthy journey ahead with your family.”
For the new parents in this transition period, some good advice could be exactly what they want to hear. Let them know what you wish you had known when taking on the role of mom or dad.
- “Even the best parents don’t know what they’re doing. We’re all just winging it, so you’ll be absolutely fine.”
- “Make sure to go easy on yourself. Your house may be a mess, and you may be tired, but nothing is as important as having a happy, healthy baby. And we can help with the rest!”
- “Enjoy looking after your baby, and make sure to still look after yourself.”
- “Make sure to treasure every second with your baby. It may be exhausting, but it is a time you will never want to forget.”
And why not read the advice the dad’s of TouchNote would pass on for even more inspiration.
Using a line from your favourite poem, movie, book or song can provide a unique message.
- “Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart” – A.A. Milne
- ““Like stars are to the sky, so are the children to our world. They deserve to shine!” – Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities” – Eda J LeShan
- “A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic.” – Sigrid Leo
If you can’t find the perfect poem, why not try writing your own. Read our six top tips on how to write your own poem for an even more personalized message.