Whether you know someone having their first child or their fourth, we’ve come up with a few messages to help you in trying or happy situations. If there are any kind of medical or anxiety issues present, then try to stay positive for them all.
1. Welcome, little one!
It takes a community to raise a child. As such, this message works when you are trying to let the new parents know you’ll offer your support both to them as well as the new baby. This is especially important for new parents who have yet to experience the warmth of a community’s love.
2. Congratulations on the new little addition to your family!
Have your friends and loved ones been excited about growing their little family? If so, this card is the perfect way to say that you have been listening to their hopes and ambitions and support them with love.
3. We can’t wait to meet your new little one!
Here is a simple message for those who live out of town. Make sure to give the new parents some breathing room after the hospital stay and influx of visitors. Then, when you do finally get to meet the little one, the parents will have had some time to settle into the newest journey ahead.
4. We are so happy for you!
When using ‘we’ in any heartfelt message, it’s best to sign everyone’s names at the bottom of the card, and that includes the kids. Better yet, get the kids involved in trying to sign their own names.
5. Sending wishes for health and happiness. Congratulations on your new little one.
If you’ve been privy to some health-related issues the new family is struggling with, go ahead and let them know you hear and see them.
This kind of message works for preemie babies, postpartum issues, as well as any other kind of medical situation.
6. Congratulations to the new parents!
While this message seems a bit vague, or even like you’re leaving out the baby altogether, what it’s actually doing is focusing attention in an encouraging direction.
Simple, positive energy can be the best support structure when there are some intimate or sensitive things going on.
7. The adventure has begun! Congratulations on the new little hiker.
Life’s adventures don’t end just because a baby is born!
So, if the new parents are planning to set sail across the world or backpack through Chile and Patagonia while ticking off their baby bucket list, send a card in support of their new little hiker, camper, or first mate.
8. You’re going to be the best mom/dad/parents. Congratulations!
Some new parents look like deer in headlights, so it can be important to reassure them that all is well. Maybe you’ll want to include a coupon for free babysitting just in case.
‘Congrats on the New Baby’ Messages for Grandparents
For many grandparents, a new baby is the greatest joy of their lives. Instead of focusing their attention on the raising of children, they can spend all of their time loving them. Here are a couple of ways to send them your best wishes.
9. Congratulations on the newest member of the family!
This message will work well for new grandparents who you don’t know too well.
After all, just because you don’t know your neighbors or members of your religious group very well, that doesn’t mean that you can’t offer happy thoughts in their direction.
10. We wish you heartfelt congratulations on the wonderful and new addition to your family.
Alternatively, if you know the new grandparents well, there’s no need to be shy about adding a little verbal gushing to the message. Plus, if they are already a grandparent, you likely have the pictures to prove it.
11. Welcoming your first grandchild is such a special moment. We’ll watch your house for you while you’re gone!
If you grew up rural, then you completely understand how difficult it is to take long trips away from home to go visit a family that is far away.
Because of this, it’s important to have a good group of neighbors and friends who can offer to help new grandparents feel more relaxed about leaving for an extended period.
12. Children are a blessing. Congratulations!
Many grandparents see children as blessings from above. So, if your friends come from this background, then messages that acknowledge their beliefs are always welcome. Plus, you’re showing that you care about who they are and what they believe.
13. Little feet make the biggest imprints on our hearts!
Nothing but love and happiness fill these congratulations. Here, the words will remind the new grandparents of their own child or children, and just how excited they were to meet them.
Plus, by mentioning those little feet, you can add some tangibility to the anticipation. You might even inspire them to cast baby shoes in bronze as a baby keepsake.
14. I bet you can’t wait to spoil them!
Some grandparents have been dreaming of the day when they could give their grandkids the time and love they wish they would have had with their own kids. That’s just part of the reason why being a grandparent is so special.
15. We can only imagine the new adventures that lay ahead! Congratulations to you both!
Grandparenting can be an adventure, especially if you know some really energetic grandparents.
So, this idea works for those who are super active and like to go biking, hiking, camping, or touring their little corner of the world, checking off items from their bucket list.
16. You’re going to be such wonderful grandparents! Sending heartfelt congratulations to you both!
Messages like this will work if you know some about-to-be grandparents who have been chomping at the bit, eagerly awaiting the day when they get to hold their new and precious little grandchild.
‘Congrats on the New Baby’ Messages for a Shower
The baby may not be here yet, but the planning is well underway. If the new parents aren’t having a gender reveal until later or at all, just be sure to stay away from the pink and blue.
17. Congratulations on your bun(s) in the oven!
Having twins is an exciting time! Two bottles, two cribs, two of everything! But you can get away with just one card at the shower.
18. May you experience a lifetime of happiness with your new bundle of joy!
Messages like this or similar help break the ice whether or not you know the parents-to-be well.
Essentially, when you’re invited to attend a gathering, but don’t know the right mix between sentimental and unaffected, then this sounds well-mannered and sincere.
19. Oh, boy!
This is such a cute, simple way of expressing joy for a mom or dad-to-be. All you need now is the perfect little outfit or toy. You can use this message if you are part of a work-related baby shower or something that feels a little like you’re filling obligations.
20. We couldn’t be happier for you!
For some, it’s difficult to sound sincere in your wishes when you’re not the overly mushy type.
Don’t worry, you’re not alone on this, which is why this message will work well, especially when courtesy is dictating the situation.
21. If our kids are anything like we once were, then we’re in trouble.
Is your sibling about to have their first child? While you’re probably very happy for them, you may be secretly wishing you hadn’t been so tough on your parents.
22. May your new baby bring you blessings and happiness. God Bless and Congratulations!
If your friend or loved one believes in a higher power, then it’s definitely okay to refer to that in their card. In fact, this may be a time when they are turning that direction more and more.
23. We wish you a healthy baby and a quick delivery!
This message works if you are looking to address the birth of the child more than anything.
Maybe you or someone you know went through a tough delivery—this gives your message more depth of understanding.
24. You’re going to be a great mom! Congratulations.
Some moms are uncertain about motherhood up until the day they deliver their first child. If your friend or loved one has voiced some personal concerns or fears, then let them know how you see it differently.
25. We wish your little one a lifetime of health and happiness!
Sending some assurances or a calming voice to a time where there are so many unknowns is a beautiful way to share your love with the new parents. The more people that do so, the less stress they may feel.
It’s a Baby!
A new baby is an exciting time for the whole community. But knowing what to say or write in a card or text doesn’t come easily for everyone. Hopefully one or two of the suggestions from above have offered some positive guidance.
Congratulation Messages For New Baby Boy
If you’re unsure how to express your sentiments, going with a simple new baby wish is a good start. Whether you’re sending the card to a close friend or a colleague, these simple sentiments are great for any occasion.
- “So happy for you three. That’s going to be one lucky baby!”
- “Congratulations on your new arrival. Good luck with your next great adventure.”
- “Wishing you many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.”
- “Wishing you many congratulations on the birth of your daughter/son.”
- “What a very lucky baby! I can’t wait to see her/his beautiful smile.”
- “Well done on creating a mini human being. Let the noise begin!”
- “Really happy for you both. Bring on the dirty nappies and sleepless nights!”
New Baby Boy Wishes
Celebrating a newborn is a big deal! These cute well wishes and congratulations are great examples of what to say to someone who has just welcomed their newborn baby boy. Pair your card with a sweet baby boy bouquet to send extra love.
- “Congratulations on the arrival of your son! At last, all your wishes came true. May the little guy be blessed with good health, happiness, and prosperity throughout his life.”
- “I know you couldn’t wait to see your baby boy, and finally he is here. Congratulations on becoming a mom to such a cute little boy.”
- “Congratulations on becoming parents; he is indeed a cute and healthy boy.”
- “Buckle up for those sleepless nights, diaper changes, and the endless joy of parenting. Welcome to the club and congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy.”
- “Welcome to the latest addition to the family. He is the first boy in the family, and we cannot wait to pamper and spoil him with all our love.”
- “Hey there, new mom! Congratulations on the arrival of the little guy. Heard he is the cutest baby in the hospital. Cannot wait to see him.”
- “As soon as I saw your baby boy, he gave me a big smile. Then itself I realized he is a spitting image of you. Congratulations buddy.”
- “Hooray! It is a baby boy. I am so happy for you guys and cannot wait to see the little guy. Congratulations!”
- “Sending you loads of good wishes and endless love for your little prince. Congratulations on becoming a father.”
- “Just heard the news, congratulations and all the best to you both. May your little boy grow up to be great and successful.”
- “Finally, the day has come and your baby boy is in your hands. I am sure you will be extremely happy. Congratulations and hope to see the little prince soon.”
- “The most amazing part of becoming a parent is being blessed to see a little of yourself in your baby boy every day.”
- “Good wishes to you and your family on the birth of your baby boy.”
New Baby Girl Wishes
Did someone close to you welcome a new baby girl? Send them your well wishes with these heartfelt and cheery messages. Also, consider pairing your card with a baby girl bouquet for a unique touch.
- “Finally the princess has arrived. I still remember how anxious you were to meet her, and I am also sure she will become your best friend. Congrats!”
- “May your life become colorful and filled with happiness and joy because today your best friend for life has arrived. Congrats on the birth of your baby girl.”
- “Wonderful news about your new baby girl! I am sure she will bring tons of joy and happiness in your life. Congratulations and lots of love to the little princess.”
- “So happy to hear the arrival of your baby girl, we are excited to be able to watch the little girl grow up and become a remarkable woman. Congratulations once again.”
- “The boss lady has arrived! Can’t wait to see her grow up and take over the house. She will be the apple of our eyes.”
- “Start the magical journey of parenthood with your baby girl, cherish every second with her. Congratulations on becoming parents.”
- “Daughters are always special; she will also be a daddy’s little girl and mommy’s best buddy. Congrats on being blessed with such an angel.”
- “The long wait is done, and your baby girl is in your hands. Never miss a moment of her life, as they are the epitome of joy and happiness.”
- “Congrats brother! You are now a father to a cute little angel.”
- “Get ready for the journey of a lifetime. Becoming parents for a baby girl is the most blessed experience. Congrats to you and your family.”
Funny New Baby Wishes
Welcoming a new baby is an exciting time for a parent, but it also can be stressful. Lighten the mood with a funny message to make them laugh.
- “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck, are the arms of your children.”
- “A toddler can do more in one unsupervised moment than most people can do all day.
- Now your world is about to change. A new baby will make your love stronger, home happier, days shorter, nights longer and bank account emptier. Best wishes for the future!”
- “Congrats! Your baby is cuter than the other babies.”
- “You made a tiny human. Congratulations!”
- “Sleep is overrated, babies are not. Congrats!”
- “Congratulations on your new baby! We can do something fun together in 18 years.”
- “Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare. Have fun and congrats!”
- “Goodbye tummy – hello mummy!”
New Baby Quotes
Looking to switch things up in your new baby card? Here are some thoughtful quotes that are perfect to include for the occasion.
- “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyère
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
- “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” — Tina Brown
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
- “Welcome to the world, little one. So thrilled that you arrived safely! See you soon!”
- “Children make you want to start life over.” —Muhammad Ali
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
- “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.” —John Andrew Holmes
- “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless.” — Tina Fey
- “A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.” — Maurice Johnston
- “People who say, they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one.” — Leo Burke
- “Make no mistake about why these babies are here—they are here to replace us.” — Jerry Seinfeld
If you’re looking for the right words for your new baby card, these thoughtful wishes and quotes will help parents feel celebrated for bringing their little one into the world.