When taking a photo of your baby or toddler, no other person should be in the photo. Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby’s face, especially if you take a picture from above.
Take a passport picture where no other person should be in the photo with your baby or toddler. Lay your baby on his or her back on a plain white or off-white sheet. Make certain there are no shadows on your baby’s face, especially if you take a picture from above.
Baby’s first passport photo is important. Gently place your baby on a plain white or off-white sheet. Make sure there are no shadows on his or her face, especially if you’re taking a picture from above.
Can baby’s head be Tilted in Passport Photo?
Parents should not make their babies smile in the photo and must not tilt their heads when taking the photo. Eyes need to be opened during the photo session and mouth closed.
When you’re taking a passport photo for a baby, keep in mind the needs of toddlers. Avoid shadows from overhead lights when you photograph an infant or toddler: spread a bright white sheet on the floor and lay your child down on it.
You just have to get the perfect photo for their passport. But how? If you are wondering how to take a great passport picture of your baby, follow these simple rules.
Keep your baby happy and calm, by giving him or her a break. Take a look at our guidelines for taking a passport photo for your little one.
Parents often ask themselves the question: “How does one take a great passport photo for my child?” The answer is quite simple – follow the guidelines below and you will have no trouble taking a lovely image of your baby.
Infant Passport Photo Requirements
Similar to an adult’s passport in the UK, a baby passport photo has some requirements that should be met. The rules for acquiring a baby passport in the UK vary with age. We have compiled the main requirements in this list, so your child passport application is not declined due to invalid photo.
What are requirements for the baby passport photo in the UK?
- When taking the picture, you should consider the background and frame to ensure that it is uniform and close-up of the entire neck, head, and upper shoulder.
- The body and face of the baby should be straight facing the camera.
- The head should be at all times straight.
- Half baby profile photograph will not be approved in the UK.
- Parents should not make their babies smile in the photo and must not tilt their heads when taking the photo.
- Eyes need to be opened during the photo session and mouth closed.
- The UK takes the process of issuing a passport seriously; hence, the baby’s face needs to be visible at all angles, especially eyebrows and oval. Therefore, it is crucial to push the baby’s hair out of the face.
- Also, no head cover of any sort is allowed in the photo.
- Tinted and sunglasses are not allowed in passport photo UK.
You can find more detailed information on your child’s passport photo on official government site.
How to take a passport photo of your baby with your phone?
Use Smartphone iD app at the most convenient time when your baby is in good mood. Send us the photo and we will verify if it can be accepted, after photo straightening, background removal and format adaptation a fit photo with UK Digital photo code will be sent to your email. Use this code in the official website : www.passport.service.gov.uk/filter/how-to-apply