Have you ever wondered what a baby Cookie Monster would look like? Well, wonder no more! We have the perfect DIY project to turn your baby into the adorable star of Sesame Street. This homemade costume will make your little one stand out from all the other babies at Halloween. Even if you’re not dressing up for Halloween this year, this is still a fun way to get creative with your baby and spend some quality time together.
baby cookie monster costume
For the Cookie Monster costume, you will first need to make sure that you have a white onesie. If you do not have a white onesie, you can always purchase one. Then, add a blue shirt with red trim around the chest and sleeves of it. Next up is your bow tie which should be red as well.
To finish off this look requires some blue pants with red trim along the bottom of those as well as some white gloves to complete your look!
cookie monster baby costume
- 1 yard of blue fabric
- 1 yard of red felt
- 1 package of black yarn (7 oz)
- For the body, cut out a rectangle about 3 feet wide and 4 feet long. Sew the sides together to make a tube; leave one side open for stuffing later. Fill with polyester filling or wadded up newspaper until it is firm enough to hold its shape but not hard or lumpy. Use fabric glue to seal up the side seam if you want to be extra sure that it won’t leak any stuffing out when you wear it! For an extra cute touch, add some hand sewn polka dots by using embroidery floss or thread in different colors! Now comes time for decorating! If possible, start with ironing all pieces before sewing them together as this will help keep your seam lines looking good when everything is finished (but don’t let us stop anyone from skipping this step if they need their costume done ASAP). Starting from bottom up:
diy rosie the riveter halloween costume for baby
Making a Rosie the Riveter Halloween costume is easy and inexpensive. You can make one for your own baby or use this tutorial to make one for someone else’s!
- a blue polo shirt and white pants (for men) or a dress (for women)
- an old red bandana or towel
Cute DIY Rosie the Riveter Halloween Costume for Baby
The next step is to find a red or blue shirt, pants, and shoes. You can also purchase a matching bandana if you like!
To tie the bandana around the baby’s head:
- Fold the bottom of the bandana up so it’s about 1/2 inch longer than your baby’s head (this will allow room for them to move their head freely).
- Tie a knot at both ends of the folded piece so it stays in place on your baby’s forehead.
Make a cute and easy Rosie the Riveter Halloween Costume for baby. It’s perfect for a photo shoot or to wear when trick or treating.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to make a cute and easy Rosie the Riveter Halloween Costume for baby. It’s perfect for a photo shoot or to wear when trick or treating.
- baby overalls (or overall-like clothes)
- a red shirt (or any other color that looks like red from far away)
DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUME(S): NO SEW
**First thing I did was purchase a pack of white, long sleeve onesies off Amazon
Cookie Monster Costume:
- Blue Long Sleeve Onesie: I dyed my white onesie blue, using “Rit Powder Dye” from Michaels. However, you can always purchase a onesie that is already blue!
- Blue Tutu
- Felt (Brown, Black and White): These were used for the eyes, cookies and chocolate chips. I believe I bought 2 brown sheets, 1 black and 1 white for a total of 4 sheets. Michaels had them priced at 38 cents per sheet.
- Blue Waffle Headband: I purchased one at Hobby Lobby for $1. Sorry I don’t have a link for it! I glued several brown circles together before making a cookie one to set on top of the headband. I wanted to create a thick base so the cookie wouldn’t move around so much.
Hopefully, we’ve inspired you to make your own baby cookie monster costume. There are many different ways to do so, and you can use any materials you want. Just remember that the most important thing is having fun!