Cookie Monster is a beloved character on Sesame Street, and he’s also a great theme for baby showers. The Cookie Monster theme can be used as the main event or only one part of your baby shower celebration. The best part about this theme is that it’s easy to pull off for any budget! We’ve gathered some ideas below on how to use Cookie Monster for your next baby shower
Baby shower cookie monster ideas
If you have a baby shower coming up, why not make it a Cookie Monster themed party? Everyone knows that Cookie Monster is the true king of all things sweet. He loves to eat cookies and say “me love cookies”. He is also a good friend of Big Bird and Elmo. Did you know that he also has a friend named Oscar the Grouch?
If you are planning on throwing a cookie monster theme for your upcoming baby shower, here are some ideas:
- The invitations should be made to look like an actual cookie box! You could even cut up cardboard boxes into squares and paint them white or blue (the color of Cookie Monster). Then glue some ribbon around each corner so when people open it up they will see that it’s an invitation inside!
- You can hang posters around with pictures of Cookie Monster on them saying “Me Like Cookies”, “Cookie Love” etc… Or just hang up images from Sesame Street where Cookie Monster appears because everyone loves him!
Cookie Monster Invitations
- Make sure you have enough invitations on hand to avoid running out. Plan on at least one per guest, and maybe more if the party has a high RSVP rate or if you’re having a large crowd.
- There are several options when it comes to designing your own invitation. You can choose from preprinted styles (like those from Minted), DIY templates (like those from Etsy), or custom designs created by hand or computer by yourself or a friend/family member. If you want something original but don’t want to put in all the effort yourself, look for an artist who specializes in invitations and has their own website where they sell their work! It’s also important that whatever medium used for designing has enough detail so guests know what they’re getting into when they come over—that way they won’t be disappointed with what happens next!
- Wording: It’s best not include any talk about food allergies because nobody wants those kind of surprises at an event like this one! Instead focus on thanking everyone who’ll be attending beforehand so no one feels left out later down line.”
Decorations and Party Supplies –
- Decorations and Party Supplies
- Cookie Monster Theme for Baby Shower
- Cookie Monster Party Favors Themed by Cookie Monster party supplies, bags and decorations. You can find all the best cookie monster themed baby shower favors here! These favors will make your event extra special with their adorable designs that every mom to be will love!
- Shop Now
Cookie Monster Theme Tableware –
Cookie Monster Theme Tableware:
- Use cookie monster theme tableware to decorate the tables. You can get plastic plates with cookie monster on them, as well as plastic cups and napkins that have his face on them. These will look great on a baby shower table.
- If you want to add some more fun to your themed party, make sure you check out these awesome cookie cutters that are shaped like Cookie Monster’s head and body. With these, it will be easy for guests at your event to create their own cookies while they’re there!
Blue Grass Tablecloths –
A blue grass tablecloth is the perfect way to give your baby shower that traditional baby shower look. The blue color is a nod to the popular theme color of pink and blue, which is often used for baby showers because it represents the gender of the baby (pink for girls, blue for boys).
Blue and white are also a classic color combination that will add a touch of class to any space. Whether you’re planning an outdoor party or an indoor event, this tablecloth will look great with any decor you choose!
Balloon Bouquet –
You will need:
- Balloons of different shapes and colors (I used yellow, orange, black and blue). You can also use other shades of these colors or even different shades altogether.
- A helium tank to inflate the balloons (available from any party store). Make sure you have enough balloons for the number of guests you are expecting. I bought about 20 small white balloons for my bouquet, with three big black ones at the end.
- An elastic band or ribbon to secure the bouquet together
Sesame Street Cookie Monster Cutout –
Cookie Monster Cutout
Let’s be real: Cookie Monster is the cutest. To make him even cuter, turn him into a table centerpiece. All you need is some glue and paper mache! Lay out your favorite recipes on top of a bed of cookie crumbs, then pick up your favorite Sesame Street DVDs for inspiration. Once you’ve decided where to put him (you can even use him as a cake topper), paint his body with white glue. When that dries, cover it with layers of newspaper until the desired thickness is achieved. Let dry overnight before removing paper mache from cookie monster’s body—and voilà! You have a cute and edible centerpiece ready for any occasion!
Custom Door Poster –
Make a custom door poster using Cookie Monster to announce the gender of your new baby.
How to Make a Custom Door Poster:
- Place a large sheet of paper on the floor, or table, and stand in front of it with your back facing you (the paper should be in front of you).
- Have someone take photos from behind you as they record what’s going on at your shower (or birthday party), while making sure they don’t block the view of whoever is taking pictures or filming video clips from their camera/phone/etc…
Custom Stickers –
Custom stickers are the perfect way to decorate invitations and party favors. They can also be used on cookies, cakes, gift bags and other paper goods. You can even create your own design if you’re feeling creative!
Cookie Monster Cake for Baby Shower
To make a cookie monster cake, you’ll need to:
- Use the right colors. The most important thing is to use the right colors for Cookie Monster’s fur and eyes. He has light blue fur with yellow polka dots (called “blips”) and blue eyes.
- Use a cookie cutter to make the cake. You can use any kind of cookie cutter, but if you plan on making more than one cake for your baby shower guests then it might be worth investing in some specialized Cookie Monster cake molds online or at your local craft store. These molds are easy to clean and will ensure that each slice looks exactly like what we’ve shown here!
- Frost with icing using cookie-frosting technique instead of regular frosting so that every guest gets their own personal piece of Baby Shower Cake when they sit down at their table!
Use Cookie Monster for an adorable baby shower
Cookie Monster is a lovable, round blue Muppet who loves cookies. He’s one of the best-known Sesame Street characters and has been on the show since its debut in 1969. This makes Cookie Monster a great theme for your baby shower!
- Use Cookie Monster invitations to announce your party. If you want to do this, consider making an invitation that looks like it came from Sesame Street and use pictures of Cookie Monster on it. You could also buy an already-made cookie monster paper cutout that you can use as part of your invitation or as decoration at the party itself.
- Decorate with Cookie Monster decorations like balloons, streamers and tableware with pictures or images of him on them
Cookie Monster Theme Table Setup
For the sit-down style event, you would need to prepare tables for the guests. You could prepare Cookie Monster name cards, blue plates, cutleries, and cups. A cookie patterned mat would also adorn the table. You can find Kraft paper rolls at fun365.orientaltrading (click on image below) to make your very own Cookie mat!
Neatly place an individually wrapped cookie on the plate along with a glass of milk for both adults and children. Everyone will enjoy taking a sip of joy and bites of a cookie whilst they mingle with each other of memories of their past.
Cookie Monster Dessert Table Backdrop
The background of the dessert table could be a balloon arch in blue, white, gold, and black. A large poster with the saying “There’s a cookie in the oven!” will complete the background! The dessert table could also have arrangements of some fresh flowers such as Baby’s-breath.
Treats for the table could include cupcakes that are made to look just like the cookie monster. You should also have various flavored cookies displayed creatively on the table. Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies, M&M Cookies, Snickerdoodle, and Peanut Butter Cookies are some great ideas.
Cookie Monster Popcorn would also be a fun and delicious addition to the treat table! Find the perfect recipe at two sisters crafting. With mini cookies and googly monster eyes, you’ll have your guests gazing at them in awe!
DIY Cookie Monster Decorations
For an easy DIY decoration, you could try making cookie monsters out of paper! With blue sheets and googly eyes, you can create your very own cookie monsters of all sizes. Bear in mind that you can actually find googly eyes as large as 7″ on Amazon. So, you could make a giant cookie monster for the background of the main table!
Add toothpicks to the smaller Cookie Monsters so you can use them as toppers for cupcakes. Hole punch or make a small hole and thread the string through the hole for use as favor tags. A larger one could be used as a table centerpiece by placing it within the flower arrangement.
Of course, you could go for an easier path by using google to find images of cookie monster and print them out on white cardstock paper. Cut the images out for an easy-breezy ready to go decoration!
By the way, googly eyes are not essential, especially if you are planning a budget baby shower. You could easily create its eyes using white and black paper. Basically, you just need to know how to cut them in a circle, easy? You could add these paper eyes to blue plates and paper cups for the ultimate Cookie Monster party!
You could also try making your own simple ABC blocks out of paper. Instead of “ABC”, you could spell out the name of the baby if known already. This would truly become a centerpiece of the party!
Cookie Monster Baby Shower Cake
A simple cake idea would be a chocolate cake with a Cookie Monster topper. This Cookie Monster topper could be the one you’ve made out of blue cardstock paper with googly eyes. If you are purchasing a cake, then you can go all out with whatever creativity you have in mind!
Cookie Monster Theme Centerpiece Ideas
The table centerpiece is the heart of the whole party, and you may require quite a few of them depending on how many guest tables you have. Centerpieces don’t need to be the same for every table. Here are some ideas.
Tall glass filled with cookies, flower arrangement with baby Cookie Monster cutout place in it, a Cookie Monster diaper cake, ABC blocks in blue and white, or just simply a Cookie Monster stuffed toy holding a balloon!
Cookie Monster Costume Headband
This simple disguise from Amazon for the mommy-to-be would look totally adorable! This will ensure all the attention is drawn to her!
Cookie Monster Baby Shower Favors
Edible favor idea would be the very obvious, Chocolate Chip cookies in clear cellophane bag with a cute Cookie Monster bag topper. If you feel you’ve used enough of cookies for the day, you could hand out these adorable Cookie Monster chip bags! Non-edible favor idea would to purchase cookie cutters, then tie a blue ribbon along with your favorite cookie recipe.
Free Cookie Monster Thank You Tags
You can use these free Cookie Monster thank you printables as tags or stickers. Print them on adhesive paper for use as stickers. The file comes in both circle and square shapes ready to be downloaded and printed instantly.
Cookie Monster Baby Shower Games
You can convert any of your favorite games into the cookie themed saga. But what will be a cookie monster theme party be like without cookie eating game? You can gather cookie-eating contenders to win the real cookie monster title at the party.
Place one large cookie and a glass of milk before every contender, the person who finishes eating and drinking wins the title! Every player will enjoy the game and the party to the bone. For the spectators, laughter and joy will be the real treat.
Guess How Many Cookies are in the Jar
Have everyone guess how many cookies are in the jar! The closest to the actual number wins the game.
Cookie Monster is a great theme for a baby shower. It’s perfect for a boy or girl, and the colors are neutral enough to work well with most color schemes. You can find plenty of cute decorations like stickers and balloons that will really bring out the theme. You can also use this theme to give your guests an idea of what they should bring! If you have any other questions about planning an awesome cookie monster-themed party or have some ideas that we didn’t mention here feel free to leave them in our comments section below!