This is the cutest thing ever. I made it for my daughter who is 1 year old, but she will be able to wear it for years to come! This is an easy project that can be done in about two hours. You will need two pieces of fabric (one yard each), a needle and thread, scissors, and some yarn.
it is cute and easy to make
It is easy to make and can be completed in less than an hour. You can use any colors you want, and the end result is cute!
materials needed small piece of pink fabric (16 in by 16 in)
- A small piece of pink fabric (16 in by 16 in)
- Sewing machine
- Stuffing material, such as polyester fiberfill
materials needed (one yard of orange fabric)
- One yard of orange fabric (don’t worry about the exact type or weight, as long as it’s 100% cotton)
- A sewing machine, scissors, thread and pins
- A tape measure
how to assemble you need to sew the two pieces of fabric together then you can cut out a hole for their head
To assemble the baby cupcake costume, you need to sew the two pieces of fabric together. Then you can cut out a hole for their head and tie a piece of yarn around the top to keep it on your baby/toddler.
how to assemble tie a piece of yarn around the top to keep it on your baby/toddler
If you want to make this tie a piece of yarn around the top to keep it on your baby/toddler costume for yourself, you can follow these steps:
- Take a piece of yarn and tie it around the top.
- You can use different colors if you’d like!
i love this type of project
Whether you’re a crafty individual or the type to let others do the work, this easy and cute costume is sure to please! For those who enjoy sewing, it’s a wonderful opportunity to use up scraps of fabric in a fun way. If you’re on a tight budget and don’t want to spend money on fabric, there are lots of things around your home that can be used for this project: old blankets or sheets will work just fine.
If you want your baby to stand out at Halloween parties or trick-or-treating sessions, but don’t have time (or patience) for elaborate costumes, consider making one yourself! The process is simple; all you need are some basic sewing supplies and some creativity—plus an adorable little model willing to wear it!
How To Make A Cupcake Costume For Toddler
This ambitious costume is surprisingly doable, using a round laundry basket covered in accordion-folded wrapping paper for the base and tights stuffed with batting for the frosting.
- Box cutter ($11; amazon.com)
- Round plastic laundry basket ($9; amazon.com)
- White suspenders ($8; amazon.com)
- Scissors ($7; amazon.com)
- 2 pairs adult-size white tights ($15 for 3 pairs; amazon.com)
- Batting ($26; amazon.com)
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks ($10; amazon.com)
- Multicolored straws ($6 for 100; amazon.com)
- Tape measure ($4; amazon.com)
- Wrapping paper ($8; amazon.com)
- Red pipe cleaner ($2 for 100; discountschoolsupply.com)
- Red cap ($6; amazon.com)
- White child-size tights ($4; amazon.com)
- White shirt or sweatshirt ($5; amazon.com)
- White or silver shoes
1. With the box cutter, cut off the bottom of the laundry basket. Attach suspenders to basket rim.
2. Cut legs off adult tights; stuff each leg with batting and knot open end. Hot-glue legs together, end to end; let dry. Line a few inches of the laundry basket rim with hot glue and affix end of tights strip; repeat until tights are glued around basket rim. Continue on top of first tight layer, working section by section and layer by layer. Cut straws into pieces and hot-glue to the layers; let dry.
3. Measure height and circumference of basket; triple the circumference. Measure and cut wrapping paper; fold accordion-style and hot-glue to basket, working one section at a time.
4. Hot-glue pipe cleaner end to top of red hat. Dress child in tights, shirt, shoes, cupcake costume and cherry hat.
I hope you enjoyed this project! This is the perfect costume for any baby or toddler who wants to be a cupcake. It’s easy to make and you can use different colors if you want something more colorful! If you are looking for more Halloween ideas check out our other costumes here