I love coming up with new cupcake ideas for baby showers, and these are some of my favorites. So if you’re looking to wow your guests or just want to make something fun and tasty, then look no further!
Baby feet cupcakes
Baby feet cupcakes are the perfect option if you want to serve a baby-themed dessert that won’t make your guests feel uncomfortable. These sweet treats will set the theme for your party and get everyone talking about how cute they are!
- 1 (12-count) pack white paper muffin liners
- 12 oz vanilla frosting
- Food coloring of choice (optional)
- Decoration: *
If you’re going for a simple look, just use pink food coloring to tint your vanilla frosting and spoon out about 1/4 inch of each liner’s contents into the center of each cupcake wrapper. Then, using a piping bag fitted with a small round tip (#1), pipe baby shoe shapes onto each one in an arc shape that is similar to what real baby shoes look like when they’re on their sides. Make sure that all of these arches point inward toward the center of each cupcake; this will help them stand up straight when set on their bottoms after baking! For best results, chill these cakes before serving—or eat immediately while they’re still warm out of the oven!
Hugs and kisses cupcakes
I love these cupcakes because they’re so easy to make, and the recipient won’t be able to resist a sweet treat that looks like it’s been hugged by another cupcake.
To make these, you’ll need:
- Cupcake liners (about 1/2 dozen)
- Cupcake pan (1/2 dozen)
- Cake mix (one box)
- Eggs, butter and milk (for cake batter)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Food coloring (optional).
Monkey cupcakes are the perfect dessert for a baby shower!
- Make cupcakes:
- 1 box of cake mix + ingredients listed on the box (eggs, water, oil)
- Ice with chocolate icing and add candies to make eyes and ears. Use a knife to create mouth/nose shape.
It’s a boy rattle cake
The cake is a rattle, but it’s also a cake! It’s decorated in blue and green icing with a bright blue bow. The baby shower guests might not know what to think at first, but they’ll definitely be intrigued by this fun-loving combination of dessert and baby toy.
This is an easy way to make your cake stand out from all the other cakes at your baby shower without being too over-the-top or expensive. This is also an excellent way for those on the fence about decorating their own cakes to get involved in some creative baking projects without worrying about how they’ll turn out!
Dum Dum baby shower cupcakes
- Use a variety of colors and shapes. You can use an assortment of colors and shapes, including round ones, square ones, rectangle ones and so on.
- Use a variety of sizes. The size is relative to the number of people who will be attending the shower as well as how many cupcakes you want to make in total (more people = more cupcakes). It also depends on what theme you have chosen for your baby boy shower theme party – I would suggest using small sized cookies as they are easier to eat than large sized cookies!
- Use a variety of flavors. There is no need to stick with one flavor only but rather experiment with different types like vanilla ice cream or chocolate pudding mix if possible so that everyone gets some kind of dessert!
Duck pond cupcake cake
Duck Pond Cupcake Cake
- Make a blue frosting and use it to cover the cupcakes.
- Add yellow ducks with black beaks and brown feet.
- Add green frogs with red tongues, black eyes and light green skin.
- Use pink frosting to make some lily pads for the pond’s flooring.
- Add some grass around the edge using green frosting mixed with lemon juice (to add a bit of color). Sprinkle it liberally over your cupcake cake so that it looks like real grass growing in the pond! You can also add some rocks and trees around the edge too if you wish—or even leave them out altogether if you prefer not to have anything distracting from your beautiful duck pond cake!
Boy baby shower favors – pacifier cupcakes in a jar
These cupcakes are easy to make and can be used as favor ideas for a baby boy shower.
Each cupcake comes in a jar and is topped with a pacifier. You can choose from different colors and sizes of pacifiers, depending on the theme of your party.
These favors are perfect for a baby boy shower because they represent just how much fun little boys have!
Baby boy diaper muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (we like to use kosher salt)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
Directions: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until evenly combined. Add in the butter and stir until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full – you should have enough batter for 12 muffins total. Bake until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (about 20 minutes). Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely. Serve warm with room temperature buttercream icing or coconut whipped cream frosting. If desired, garnish with berries or sprinkles!
These cupcakes are perfect for a baby boy shower
Cupcakes are a great way for you to serve food at your baby boy shower. Not only are they easy to eat, but they can be decorated in many different ways. If you’re throwing a party for a newborn, these cupcakes will definitely be the talk of the event!
- Choose what size of cupcake you want to make: The first step is deciding how big or small you want your cupcakes to be. Smaller ones will take less time to decorate than larger ones and vice versa, so choose based on how much time you have available and whether or not there’s going to be other events happening at the same time (such as games).
- Decide on an icing color scheme: While all colored icing looks great with any type of design, it may be helpful if each guest has something unique about their own dessert so that everyone gets excited about eating them too!
These are some cute and delicious ideas for baby boy showers. Hopefully, you will find them useful when planning your party.