When it comes to baby showers, desserts are a must. They need to be sweet and delicious so that everyone can enjoy them. How do you make sure your baby shower desserts are as adorable as possible? By making them look like tiny shoes, rattles and pacifiers! Check out our list of unique dessert table ideas below:
Elephant sugar cookies
To make elephant sugar cookies:
Mix together the sugar, butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract in a bowl until well-blended. Add flour and baking powder to form a very soft dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter shapes of choice (we used an elephant). Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before decorating with frosting and sprinkles!
Teddy bear sugar cookies
You can make a teddy bear out of sugar cookies. You can also make a teddy bear out of cake, or marshmallows, or candy.
If you’re looking to stick with the theme of the shower, but don’t want to put in the extra effort (or time) it takes to craft a cookie-bear from scratch, there are plenty of options for purchasing pre-made bears that still fit into the theme.
M&M baby blocks
You can use any candy you like, but M&Ms are a good choice for their color and shape consistency. Any shape cookie cutter will work; heart-shaped cookie cutters are traditional, but you’ll have more options if you use round or star cutters.
If you’re making these ahead of time, freeze them so they’re easy to transport. You can also decorate them with edible glitter before freezing them—just be sure to let the decorations dry completely before serving!
To make these watermelon popsicles, you’ll need:
- Watermelon, sliced into cubes and frozen overnight in an airtight container or bag (or buy pre-frozen!)
- Lime juice
- Sugar to taste (slightly less than 1/2 cup)
- Coconut milk (the canned kind is fine; if you want to use the fresh kind, just thin it out with water first)
- Cinnamon powder (a teaspoon or so)
- Chili powder for a little kick (a teaspoon or so)
Watermelons are a fun and healthy fruit. Watermelon is a great source of vitamins A, B6, and C. It has plenty of fiber as well as lycopene. Watermelon also has other minerals like potassium that can help keep your body healthy.
If you have a baby shower coming up soon, why not bring watermelons to the party? This fruit is so versatile; you can use it in salads or smoothies or even turn it into ice cream! If you’re feeling really creative, try making these adorable watermelon pacifiers for your dessert table!
Strawberry lemonade slushies with melon balls
Strawberry Lemonade Slushies
- To make melon balls, you will need a melon baller and a bowl. Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds with the knife. With one hand holding the melon half steady, use your other hand to push down on the baller so it slides into your palm and creates a circular cut of fruit. Keep pushing until you reach all around the side of your fruit piece without cutting through it yet! Remove from mold and repeat for remaining halves of watermelon (you should have about 20 small balls).
- To make strawberry lemonade slushies: In a blender combine 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), ½ cup lime juice (fresh squeezed preferred), ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed preferred), 2 cups ice chips or crushed ice, ½ cup simple syrup(1 part sugar dissolved into 1 part hot water) and 2 tablespoons vodka if desired.* Blend until smooth! Pour over ice into glasses then garnish with sliced strawberries if desired! Serve chilled immediately after blending before freezing because leftovers won’t be as good once they’ve been frozen-just like any other slushie made with carbonated beverages!
Raspberry cups with coconut whip cream
For the base of the cup, crush up some chocolate cookies and mix with melted butter. Press the mixture into a muffin tin to create a bottom layer for your raspberry cups.
Fill each cup half full with coconut whip cream, then add one or two raspberries on top. Top off with edible glitter or flowers (or both!).
Chocolate covered strawberries on a stick
This is a fun way to serve strawberries. If you want to go overboard with your presentation, add edible pearls or mini marshmallows to the chocolate covered strawberries. The combination of cake-filled miniature mason jars and strawberry lemonade slushies with melon balls is so cute! It’s perfect for any baby shower dessert table idea!
Watermelon popsicles are another great dessert idea for a summer baby shower. You can also make some watermelon pacifiers out of fruit leathers and toothpicks.
Baby bottle pastries filled with vanilla buttercream
To make baby bottle pastries, you’ll need:
- 4 oz of vanilla buttercream (1/4 cup)
- 2 tubes of Wilton icing for white chocolate
- Pink and blue gel food coloring
- Wilton 1M tip, Wilton 54 tip and Wilton 2D tip (#2) – A pastry bag with a #2 tip, or a plastic squeeze bottle with a very narrow opening. This can be cut off if you don’t have one of these items, but it will make filling the baby bottles much easier!
Frosted cupcakes shaped like baby shoes and rattles, decorated with edible pearls or mini marshmallows.
- Frosted cupcakes shaped like baby shoes and rattles, decorated with edible pearls or mini marshmallows
- To make frosting: Mix powdered sugar, butter (or shortening) and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- To make edible pearls: Melt white chocolate bark or candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip pretzels into the melted chocolate to cover them entirely. Shake off any excess and place on wax paper to dry for at least 2 hours before serving. You can also roll pretzels into small balls of chocolate after dipping each one halfway into white chocolate so that it looks like an actual pearl!
- To make mini marshmallows: Place mini marshmallows on top of cupcakes before frosting them so that they appear as if they are sitting on top of the frosting!
Cake-filled miniature mason jars.
- Fill mini mason jars with cake, and decorate the tops of the jars with edible pearls or mini marshmallows.
- Use a baby shower theme for inspiration. You can find plenty of options online—just search “baby shower themes” in your favorite search engine and you’ll see what I mean!
- Use a baby shower theme for color scheme: if you choose to use an animal-themed theme (lots of people do!), try to stay within that color palette, but if you’re not sure which direction to go in, keep things simple by sticking with white or pastel tones. If there are no limitations on what to do on your dessert table, then try mixing up different shades of blue into your décor so that it stands out against any other type of party favor given out at this event!
Desserts don’t have to be plain cupcakes or slices of cake for a baby shower. You can get creative and make them look like tiny shoes, rattles, pacifiers and more!
Desserts don’t have to be plain cupcakes or slices of cake for a baby shower. You can get creative and make them look like tiny shoes, rattles, pacifiers and more! But don’t forget the chocolate-covered strawberries! And make sure you have a variety of desserts so everyone can find something they like.
Baby showers are a fun event for the guests and the mother-to-be to celebrate the birth of a new baby. Desserts can be an important part of this celebration, but many people are unsure what kinds of desserts they should serve at a baby shower. We hope that this article has given you some ideas on how to make your dessert table unique and delicious!