While the baby shower dessert table may seem like a simple affair, there are many things to consider before you even begin to think about what desserts to make. We’ll start by looking at some different themes for your baby shower and then move on to the delicious details, including many different recipes that will help you with your decision-making process!
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Cookies
As the name suggests, these cookies are the most common ones you will find at baby showers. They are easy to bake, and can be made in a variety of shapes and sizes. The cookie dough can be flavored with different extracts, or even fruit zest. If you’re up for it, you can use sprinkles to decorate your Baby Shower Cookies as well. It’s a good idea to mix up what’s inside your cupcake holders so there is no repeat flavor from one set of cupcakes to another!
Owls are always popular for baby showers because they’re cute and easy to make! If you don’t have time or energy for baking dozens of cookies from scratch (or if your oven is broken), store-bought sugar cookie dough works just as well—just cut out an owl shape using cookie cutters before baking them following instructions on packaging
Coconut Cloud Cupcake Recipe
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract * (optional) food coloring of your choice * For the Frosting:
- Fruit platter
- Cookie platter
- Brownie platter
- Cake pops with personalized name tags
Cupcakes are a wonderful choice for a baby shower dessert, as they are easy to transport, easy to make and can be decorated with fun sprinkles, frosting or chocolate. These treats are also relatively inexpensive and can be made using any number of cake mixes. Your guests will love taking home cupcakes from this special event!
If you choose to have your dessert table be one big display of adorable desserts (rather than individual servings), then cupcakes would probably not be the best option since you’ll want each guest to get their own slice so they don’t fight over it. If that’s the case, try making mini-cupcakes instead. They’re cute little bites that won’t go unnoticed!
Baby shower cookies, Owl cookies
You can make some really cute owl cookies using the Owl Cookie Cutter. I think these would be great for a baby shower, or any time you want to bring treats to a new mother.
The recipe is pretty simple as well:
1/2 cup butter, softened (or margarine, if you’re looking for a vegan option)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten slightly with a fork (if you don’t have any egg replacer on hand this recipe works fine without it)
3 cups all purpose flour
Cupcakes, Cloud cupcakes, Marshmallow clouds, Marshmallow frosting, Vanilla cupcakes, Coconut cupcakes
The dessert table is the center of attention at any baby shower. It’s where guests can take a break from all of the chaos and indulge in some delicious treats. The most important part of this section is to make sure that you have something for everyone, especially if you have guests who may be on special diets or have allergies. Try not to get too crazy with the dessert choices and keep things simple so that everyone can enjoy them!
- Vanilla cupcakes – These are great because they’re pretty much foolproof. You can use different toppings, like sprinkles or chocolate chips, to give them a little flavor boost without going overboard on presentation value since vanilla doesn’t really require a lot in terms of decorating skills (though I’m sure there are some amazing cupcake artists out there). Alternatively, you could go with coconut flavored ones! They’re pretty tasty too 🙂
- Coconut cupcakes – If you want an easy way to add variety without spending a lot on fancy ingredients (or if someone at your shower has a dairy allergy), coconut works well because it pairs well with just about everything else—and it tastes delicious!
Takeaway: Here are some recipes for desserts for a boy baby shower!
These recipes are perfect for any boy baby shower! The first two recipes are simple and delicious, while the last one is more involved and requires a little more time.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Blueberry Pie Pops
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits
We hope you find the recipes we’ve shared helpful and inspiring. If you’re looking for more boy baby shower desserts, check out our Pinterest board! We have plenty of other ideas there too that might help with planning your event.