The Diaper Game is the perfect way to get the new parents-to-be giggling, and it’s also a great game to play during a baby shower. The purpose of this game is similar to Spin The Bottle: each person has a diaper on his or her head, and you have to guess which other person’s diaper you’re holding. If your guess is correct, then you win that person’s baby!
What you need to play the diaper game:
1 package of diapers
1 marker for writing on the diapers
At least 1 package of diapers
The first thing you’ll need for your baby shower game is at least one package of diapers. If you don’t have any on hand, it’s pretty easy to find a pack at a local store like Walmart or Target. You can also use paper towels if that’s all you have available. Even socks or hand towels will work as substitutes! If it’s not too late for more supplies, just do a quick online search for “baby shower games,” and there’ll be plenty of ideas to choose from.
A marker for writing on the diapers
- A marker for writing on the diapers. You can use any kind of pen that writes on cloth, including a Sharpie or Sharpie-like permanent marker, dry erase markers (which are more like crayons), or even fabric paint!
- Toilet paper and wipes. No one wants to be caught unprepared in this scenario. Be sure to have plenty of toilet paper and wet wipes!
How to play the diaper game:
Divide the guests into teams. Each team gets a package of diapers and writes a word on each diaper. The team that guesses the most words wins!
If you want to get creative with your diaper game, there are many ways to do so! For example, you can make it more challenging by having one person from each team write down all their words together in one place so they can’t see what other teams are writing. Or if you want to make it easier, just have everyone write their answers out loud and let them guess who wrote which word.
Preparing for the Diaper Game
The first thing you can do is prepare for the game. You can accomplish this by marking the diapers with something that will show up on film, like a Sharpie marker or nail polish. This way, you can easily tell which ones belong to your team and which ones are neutral. If you want to be extra fancy, you can also make little banners out of cut-up pieces of diaper and hot glue them onto the front of each diaper so they stand out even more!
Finally: have fun! The whole point of playing this game is so that everyone involved has fun together—for example, if your baby has just been born and doesn’t know what’s going on yet (or hasn’t started eating solid food), then maybe instead try playing some other games where no one has to change their clothes or use any bodily fluids as currency!
diaper game for baby shower.
The diaper game is one of the most popular baby shower games. It’s easy to play and doesn’t require much preparation.
- Set up a box or basket in a corner where all the participants can reach it easily.
- Fill it with diapers (the more, the merrier). Check if you’ve got enough diapers beforehand so you won’t run out during the game!
- Each player takes turns picking up a diaper and reading what’s written on it aloud to the room at large—either by holding it up or holding it close to their face without looking at it (this adds an element of surprise). If they’ve guessed correctly how old their baby will be when he/she reaches another major milestone in life, they get points; if not, then everyone else gets points for guessing correctly!
4 The first person who gets 10 points wins
The diaper game is a fun way to get the guests at your baby shower involved in the fun. It’s simple to play and can be adapted for any theme or color scheme. The best part about it is that everyone will be able to participate regardless of their age.