Our First Birthday Pregnancy Announcement is the perfect way to share your exciting news with family and friends. Crafted from high-quality card stock, this elegant announcement is sure to make a lasting impression.
With your baby’s first birthday rapidly approaching, why not celebrate their entrance into the world with a pregnancy announcement that speaks to their first year’s accomplishments? Every parent’s first birthday is special, but especially so when it’s the day your baby arrives. Celebrate this magical moment with a personalized birth announcement that will make your friends and family say “wow!”
It’s your baby’s first birthday! We can’t believe it, but you are already planning the party and gifts. Well, we would like to be a part of this celebration as well! We proudly present to you our new personalized one year old bibs in a variety of colors and designs. Made out of cotton twill fabric, these will be perfect for your little man or baby girl on their big day. Make sure that little peanut stays clean and dry during this special occasion with this awesome one year old bibs made just for them.
What a joyous day! You are a mommy now and it is hard to believe. When we found out I was pregnant, we wanted to share the news with you right away. It was so exciting to watch your face light up with surprise followed by utter joy as we told you we were having a baby. While it seems like eons ago, that moment will always remain in my memory as one of our most cherished moments together. We cannot wait for forever longer and what baby boy’s first birthday will bring us as new parents and this crazy roller-coaster ride of parenthood begins anew! It’s a boy! And we’ve got the perfect way to tell him. With this cute, easy-to-read board book, your newborn can grow with you as you open pages revealing details of your pregnancy and baby’s first year.
First Pregnancy Announcement Messages
You are going to be a wonderful mother. Congratulations! I can’t wait to meet him or her., Your pregnancy is a moment to be shared with family and friends, let them know how thrilled you are.
Finding out you’re expecting baby #2 is happy news, but it means a big adjustment for the whole family—especially when the soon-to-be older sibling is just a toddler with a limited understanding of what a sibling even is. A new human growing in Mommy’s belly is a pretty hard thing to wrap your head around!
When I was pregnant with my second kid, I actually had to tell the news to my almost-two-year-old son twice. He was so young one “announcement” just wasn’t enough. To make the news sink in for him, I brainstormed fun ways to talk to him about it, which, according to Dr. Daniel Blake, Ph.D., a child psychologist in Detroit, Michigan, is a good tactic (whew!). Dr. Blake has since reassured me there is no right or wrong way to tell a toddler a new sibling is on the way: “Parents should just keep in mind that it should be a positive experience,” he says, adding to keep your child’s level of understanding in mind.
- Related: 6 Ways Parents Have Prepped Baby #1 for Baby #2
Wondering how to get your toddler excited about becoming a big sibling? Check out these fun announcement ideas to see if one could work for your family. And congrats on your new addition!
1. Read a Story About It
Get your child a book about being a big brother or sister, which was my first tactic with my son. This way, you can sit down and read it together and then discuss what it’s like when a new baby is born. You can even read it multiple times until he starts to “get it.” Plus, seeing a happy child in a book is a signal to them that this is good news and they too will soon be able to have just as much fun with their new brother or sister. Adrienne Cardinal, a mom of two in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, introduced her pregnancy to her daughter with a big sister book. Over a year later, Cardinal says the excitement continues: “Julietta still wants me to read it to her!”
2. Throw an Announcement Party
Yes, have a party—a small one. In fact, so small it only includes you, your partner, and your toddler. Decorate the house like it’s a birthday party and serve a cake. Letting your child know a new baby is coming in such a celebratory way sends the message that this is great news. And no child can be against anything that gets her some cake, right?
3. Involve Your Own Siblings
Your child may have a favorite aunt or uncle, but he probably doesn’t realize that awesome relative is actually Mommy or Daddy’s brother or sister. Invite this person over and have them announce the news with you. Then, you can explain the relationship you have to each other and mention that soon your toddler will have this special relationship with someone, too. They may even start to associate their new sibling with the same warm feelings they have toward their aunt or uncle.
4. Appoint Your Toddler the “Announcement Helper”
Sit your toddler down and tell her you have a special job for her: A new baby is coming and you need a special helper to announce it. (During this one-on-one time, you can answer any questions she may have, too.) Then, next time you see your friends and family, have your child announce the big news to everyone. The enthusiastic reaction to the announcement will make your child feel great, as though she has just made everyone in the room so happy. In the end, this was what worked with my toddler. He got really excited about sharing the news and gladly told everyone—strangers included—that there was a baby sister in Mommy’s tummy!
5. Show Them Their Baby Photo Album
Get your child’s first photo album or scrapbook out and flip through it together. Take the time to explain what it was like when she was a little baby. Talk about all the milestones, like learning to sit up, crawl, and walk. This will help you explain to your child that a new baby is coming—and while he or she won’t be playful right away, that baby will grow up and learn just like they did. A trip down memory lane can be very exciting for a child and could make the news easier to receive. Mom of two Ellen Bright from Charlotte, North Carolina, showed her toddler Ashlyn her baby photo album when announcing she had a new sister on the way. Now that baby sister Addison is here, Ashlyn still loves looking at her baby photo album, Ellen says: “I bet she looks through it three times a week!”
6. Watch an Educational Show or Movie
Children are very visual so watching a children’s film or television show that discusses the arrival of a new sibling, like the “Meet the New Baby” episode of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, can help them process the information. Ask your child what he or she thought of the episode afterwards and answer any questions they may have. Then use the characters in the show to explain your pregnancy. Tell your child he or she will soon get a baby brother or sister, too, just like the character on TV. This will help them make the connection in real life.
7. Start a Responsibility Journal
Announce the arrival of the new baby by presenting your toddler with a responsibility journal, listing all the fun new ways your child will become your helper after the baby is born. Children love to feel as though they are contributing and it may help them associate the new baby with the chance to be a big kid! Personalize the journal with their name and title of big brother or big sister, getting as crafty as you can with decorations they will love (or turn to Etsy). List responsibilities like helping to change the baby’s diaper, helping to load and unload the laundry, etc. This can work as the initial announcement to your toddler or even later on; I gave my toddler one about six months after his baby sister was born because he was starting to get a little bothered by how much attention she was getting. The journal made him feel more important and he loved helping out.
Keep Your Toddler Excited
As your pregnancy progresses, keep your toddler involved in the process so she stays excited about the impending arrival of her new sibling.
- Bring Your Child to See Your Ultrasound: A big belly means very little to a toddler and they usually have no idea how that translates into an actual baby. Showing them how your little one is moving inside your belly could make the idea of a new sibling more real. Soon-to-be mother of two Nancy Greco, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, says her son was ecstatic when he saw the baby on the screen. “He was smiling from ear to ear,” she says.
- Decorate the New Baby’s Room Together: Ask your toddler to help you get the baby’s new room ready for his arrival by decorating it. After you have the crib set up, bring your child in to sort through the pile of picture frames, wall decals, or whatever decorative objects you want to include in the nursery.
- Take Your Toddler Shopping for Baby Clothes: Tell your toddler you need help picking out some new clothes for the baby brother or sister in your belly and take them shopping with you. Let them choose a new outfit to wear when meeting their sibling for the first time or a find a couple of “matching” items—dinosaur onesie and dinosaur t-shirt, anyone?—that he and the baby can wear together. So cute!
Hello! We’re so excited to tell you that we’re expecting a baby boy or girl. Our little one will be here on October 12th, and his/her name is Alexander Borowitz Green. We appreciate your support and love during this amazing time in our lives. I can’t wait to add a new life to our family, and I know that you’re going to be an amazing Dad.
First Baby Birth Announcement Quotes
Celebrate your new addition with custom birth announcements that display the joy of a newborn child and the anticipation of their arrival. Our baby birth announcement quotes are perfect for an exciting time in your life. Whether you’re looking for something simple or over-the-top, we have just what you need!
It’s a boy! Share your excitement with your family and friends when you announce the birth of your new arrival with this beautiful first baby birth announcement. It features a modern take on traditional designs and comes personalized with your name and their age or season of birth. This card is printed on acid free paper, measures 5″ x 7″, comes individually packaged in a clear envelope, and includes white envelopes.
A new baby is such a special, wonderful and joyous thing. Who doesn’t love a newborn child? Now you’ve got your little bun cooking in the oven, thoughts have turned to how you’re going to spill the beans. The Smilebox blog was created to help you with inspiration and creative ideas, and as such, we have compiled some categorized lists, to hopefully help you make that super, special announcement.
Cute pregnancy announcements
You’ve kept your lips sealed for long enough. It’s time for the big reveal – you just want to shout it from the rooftops! Deciding what to say can seem like a bit of a challenge. Are you the sort to go ga-ga for babies? Do you think your friends and family would appreciate some kind of cutesy announcement? A cute message is probably the classic way to go. After all, babies are super… cute! Read on for some of the most heartwarming quotes on the internet.
● Dreams do come true.
● Roses are red, violets are blue, on (baby’s due date) our little miracle is due.
● Ten little fingers, ten perfect toes, fill our hearts with love that overflows.
● The best is yet to come… (baby’s due date).
● A grand adventure is about to begin… in (baby’s due month and year).
● We’re adding a new little pumpkin to our patch in (baby’s due month and year).
● We’ve been busy as a bee, and now there are three.
● Pink or blue? We simply can’t say. We’re so excited for our delivery day.
● Best present ever. Coming… (baby’s due date – great for Christmas babies).
● In (baby’s due month), our family will hear the pitter-patter of little feet.
● Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the love of my life.
● First came love, then came you.
● You + me = three.
● Even miracles take a little time. #babyontheway
● A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.
Funny pregnancy announcements
It’s true that babies are cute. But something inside you may just want to rebel against the fluffy reveal and embrace your inner joker. You could send a generic text message, but maybe you want to make it a bit more memorable. You should probably consider how your nearest and dearest would react. Do they like a good chuckle as much as you do? Here are some short and sweet one-liners to help you spill the beans with a bit of fun.
● I’m afraid we haven’t been social distancing (lockdown humor).
● I like big bumps, and I cannot lie!
● There’s nothing like a brand new pair of genes. That’s right, we are expecting.
● (This year), the year I grow a human but still cannot keep any of my plants alive.
● We’re going from a pair to three of a kind, and it’s going to be a full house.
● We are pregnant! Don’t be sad for us. It was on purpose.
● Wanted to keep you in the loop: we’ll soon be adding to our troop.
● I grow humans. What’s your superpower?
● You can stop asking when we’re going to have a baby now…
● Player 3 has entered the game.
● (Daddy’s name) is going to be a daddy and I’m pretty sure it’s mine.
● She’s having cravings, and I’m checking our savings. Looks like a baby’s on the way.
2nd pregnancy announcements
OK, so you’ve been through the whole announcement thing once (maybe more) before. The second time around is just as special but you’re going to want a quirky message to tell the world. Here are a few suggestions to help you spread the word. Some of these lines will also work for subsequent children.
● And then there were (baby number).
● We’re making room for one more!
● Soon to be due. Soon to be two.
● Every troublemaker needs a partner in crime!
● We’re so full of glee. Our family’s gonna be three.
● 1 more to adore.
● You’ve got a friend in me (great caption for a sibling).
● Promoted to big sister/brother (another lovely quote to come from a sibling).
● Mummy has a bun in the oven.
● Pink or blue? Either will do! Mommy’s expecting #2!
● Only child expiring soon!
● I’m so adorable, my parents decided to make another one!
Pregnancy announcement quote for Facebook
Some of your friends and family may not be close-by and social media is the way you keep everyone updated. Or you’re the kind who lives their life in hashtags and status updates. Let’s be honest, big news reveals are the kind of thing Facebook and Instagram were made for! Pair one of these quotes with an appropriate photo and watch the likes come rolling in.
● (Great with a photo) I’m as happy as can be because I’m going to have a new baby sister to play with me. Mommy and Daddy are excited too. We couldn’t wait to share the news with you.
● Pink or Blue? We simply can’t say. We’re so excited for our delivery day.
● Roses are red, violets are blue, on (baby’s due date) our little miracle is due.
● Not fat. Just… PREGNANT!
● We’re resting up while we can. We’ll be missing a lot of sleep starting in (baby’s due month).
● This is the day we both have been waiting for so long. We are so glad right now to let you know that we are expecting a baby. Pray for us!
● I always wondered what it would be like to be pregnant. Now I know!
● When you become a mother, you stop being the picture and start being the frame.
● Ten little fingers, ten little toes. With love and grace, our family grows. This precious soul, so sweet and new. This little life, a dream come true.
● Our home has been blessed, my beloved wife is expecting a baby and we want to share this joy with you.
Religious pregnancy announcement quotes
Humorous and cute messages are all very well, but it’s true that having a baby is indeed a blessing. You may want to share the happy news in a more traditional and respectful fashion, observing yours and other’s beliefs. We have collated a handful of appropriate passages that you may find fitting for the occasion.
● God’s most beautiful thoughts bloom into children.
● Heaven has smiled down on us.
● For this child, I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
● Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
● Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
● As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
● Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation.
This is such a sweet, thoughtful gift idea for new parents. You can’t go wrong with this one! Infant and family health is too important to not be talking about. That’s why we launched this campaign, which featured stories of children celebrating the arrival of a sibling.
Congratulations! Now the hard work begins. You’re going to make such a great dad, I know it!
Birthday Pregnancy Announcement Captions
You are the best gift I could ever receive. Happy Birthday to Us! Happy birthday to the beautiful mommy to be. You are the kindest person I know and there isn’t another woman in this world I would trust more to raise my child. I love you more than anything, and can’t wait until we meet our little girl.
You’ve got a bun in the oven! It’s been a whirlwind year for us, but we had no idea what was coming next. We couldn’t be more excited about this new chapter in our lives and cannot wait for you to join us on this journey. Because you two were already the best of friends, we thought it would make sense to include your best pal in on this happy news. Celebrate your special day with one of these unique and clever pregnancy announcement captions.
We’re so excited to celebrate your 40th birthday with you! We had a feeling something was up when mommy started making weird faces, and daddy started looking at us funny. We’re shocked to be having a sibling on your special day, but we know we will all share the joy of this gift together. Happy birthday, MOM and DAD!
Pregnancy is a blessing, but it’s a BIG one. So much joy and happiness, but also fear and panic. So many emotions, that you are overwhelmed with gratefulness and wonder. I can’t wait to meet my little one. A bundle of joy is on the way. We’re celebrating with the most important little bundle we know: you, our best friend and partner. Happy birthday!
The two of you are going to be the best parents a little bundle of joy could ask for. You know he’s been waiting for this moment, but I never thought it would happen so soon. You may not realize it yet, but when you were born I fell in love with you all over again.”