The pregnancy announcement is a unique moment of joy that you will cherish forever. Whether you choose to make your announcement via text, Facebook or email, we have just the right card to help you celebrate this special occasion.
Relax and take a deep breath. There’s no need to put pressure on yourself, pregnancy announcement cards are a joyous way to share news with family and friends so don’t worry about getting it right. Start off with a thoughtful design that accurately reflects the excitement you feel, after all, this is the beginning of their grandchild’s journey. Now add a handwritten message that warmly welcomes everyone on this wonderful journey. Then ask your loved ones to join you in celebrating!
To my dear parents, i am pregnant and very happy to share this news with you. I would be grateful if you could support me in this great life adventure in some ways. I know how happy you are about it. When you’re pregnant and ready to tell your parents, what do you say? These are the best ways to announce your upcoming bundle of joy, along with tips on how to do it and what NOT to say!
You’re bound to find some fun and creative ways to tell the world that you’re expecting here!
1. Baby Onesie
Have them open a gift to reveal an adorable onesie giving them their new titles as grandma and grandpa! It’s the most amazing feeling to get promoted to grandma or grandpa so they’ll love seeing it written out right in front of them.
This onesie from Amazon (above) is adorable and can be at your door step sooner if you’re pressed for time.
However, if you have some time to spare, consider checking out personalized onesies on Etsy (below) like this one from Kate and Meri’s shop. They can include the baby’s name, due date, and even different names for your parents.
If you have drinkers in your family, showing up to a family dinner or party with this wine bottle will surely get you some applause. As a cute way to announce a pregnancy to your parents, you can simply purchase labels like these on Amazon and stick them right on top of previously purchased wine bottles.
Soaking off the old label is not a must, but it can help it to look nicer.
If you’re not in a rush, opt for a more personalized touch to your wine bottle label with something like this from Etsy (below). Either way, your parents will be jumping for joy when they see it, and that won’t just be from the alcohol!
Although you may not have a large baby bump yet, you can wear a shirt that accentuates or points out your belly for your parents to take notice. See how long it takes for them to realize what’s written on your shirt, let alone what it actually means!
There are fun options for seasonal pregnancy announcement shirts when you want to have a pregnancy reveal to your parents.
If it’s the fall, try incorporating a pumpkin or those skeleton shirts with the baby skeleton inside. For Christmas, a Mistletoes shirt will get the point across or a Some Bunny is Egg-specting shirt around Easter.
If you want to know how to tell your parents that you’re pregnant, here is an awesome idea! These scratch-offs are so real-looking and a very creative way to tell your parents that you’re pregnant.
Grandma and Grandpa won’t be suspicious when you give them some lottery tickets for a birthday or holiday gift.
Have them scratch off to see if they win and when they’re finished, they’ll reveal that they are a lucky winner! The grand prize is actually their first grandchild!
Hopefully this will help to distract them from the fact that they didn’t win the $250,000!
These lottery tickets come in packs of 6 or 12 so there will be plenty if you want to give them out to a large group of family members. Just make sure that they’re all scratching them off at the exact same time so they don’t ruin the surprise for everyone else!
5. Bandana or Clothing for Pet “Getting a Human”
If you have a pet that’s going to be a “big brother or sister,” it would be fun to use them as part of the pregnancy reveal to your family! They’ll make the perfect prop and a fun way to announce your pregnancy to parents.
While you’re gathering with family or friends, make sure your dog enters with this bandana or shirt on with the big news. If you have to do a long distance announcement, a simple photo of your pup with the clothing and an ultrasound is also an adorable way to tell your parents that you’re pregnant.
Related Post: Adorable Dog Pregnancy Announcements
If you have a parent’s birthday or a special holiday coming up, a greeting card scratch off will be a great way to tell family you’re pregnant. This is also a great way to do a long distance reveal as you can easily mail it right to them.
7. Promoted to Grandma/Grandpa Mugs
There are so many ways to tell your parents that you’re pregnant, but this is the one that I opted for during my first pregnancy.
If you have coffee drinkers in the family, a coffee mug with their “new” title will be perfect for them! It’s a great way to tell family that you’re pregnant with something practical that can be used over and over.
This is how I announced the first grandchild to my parents and they still use and love their mugs years later!
Use it for the whole family if you’re announcing to other relatives. Aunts and uncles get upgraded too so they deserve a special gift for the occasion!
Going to a dinner party at your parent’s house and want to reveal your pregnancy to your family there? If there are lots of beer drinkers there then this is a perfect surprise.
Bring over their favorite 6 pack, but change out the beer labels for these pregnancy announcement labels! Make sure grandpa looks at what he’s drinking before cracking open a cold one!
I love sentimental, yet practical, gifts that can actually be used over and over. As a creative way to tell your parents that you’re pregnant, give them grandma and grandpa books as a small gift to open.
These books will be great to either keep at their house for visits or at yur own house for when they babysit. They’ll love reading stories that incorporate them in the book.
I absolutely love this book, Grandma Wishes. It always brings a tear to my eye when I read it to my daughter so I can’t imagine how my own mom feels when she reads it!
Related Post: Best Foods to Eat and Avoid During Pregnancy
10. Photo Slideshow
Here is an idea of a pregnancy announcement you can present to your parents online. Make a love story slideshow.
Show how you and your partner met, tell about the funny and sentimental moments you had, and include some photos from mutual journeys or memorable events. Add some pics from the day you got acquainted with each other’s parents for a pinch of nostalgia.
It is best to announce the happy news at the end of your slideshow with captions like “to be continued with +1”. Include your sonogram, pregnancy test, or the photo of your stomach showing. You could also add the video of how you told your husband.
Here are some helpful tips and creative ideas on how to make a good photo slideshow.
11. Sonogram frame
This is a beautiful way for your mom to display the first sonogram of your new baby. I’m sure she’ll take it out to show all of her friends too!
She can keep the frame and always replace the photo with an updated picture of her grandchild for years to come. What a lovely way to reveal your pregnancy to family.
You can also get a personalized frame with your baby’s name and due date to go along with your ultrasound or announcement photo. Again, they’ll be able to replace the photo as the baby gets older too!
If you’re announcing the first grandchild to your parents, these “Promoted to Grandma and Grandpa” shirts will be a no-brainer when they read what it says. They’ll be thrilled with this pregnancy announcement gift and take pride wearing it on their outings!
13. Grandpa Whiskey glass
If dad is a whiskey or cocktail drinker, a glass like this will probably make his day! Of course, any one else in the family who could use a cocktail glass would be very fitting too!
14. Grandma Keychain
This is a beautiful keychain to give mom as a gift to reveal your pregnancy. Just be careful what birthstone you choose because if your baby’s due date is one month, they may still be born in a different month!
15. Pacifier with a note
Save all the money for that baby-to-be because no one says that you have to buy all your family members gifts just to tell them you’re pregnant!
If you’re on a tight budget, a simple note attached to a baby’s pacifier will certainly do the trick. This way, you still have a baby item that will go to good use while not splurging for all these gifts.
If you’re doing a long distance reveal, this is a cute way to announce your pregnancy to your parents. This onesie ships in a nice gift box to make the big reveal as you tell them that you’re pregnant.
Give them a gift they can use throughout their home. This grandma/grandpa pillow will be a fun decorative piece that they can use before baby even comes!
If your mom and dad love stylish home decor, this pillow will certainly go with anything!
18. Sweet poem
I love a poem that comes from your unborn baby and it is sure to bring tears to their eyes. This one comes with an adorable baby feet necklace as a gift to reveal your pregnancy.
You can even type up this poem to give alongside another gift that you chose form above.
19. Funny Items
Most of the ideas above were sentimental ways to tell your family that you’re pregnant. However, if you or your family are the humorous, jokester types, a funny item may be more of your crowd pleaser.
Cute onesies that have a little humor attached to them are sure to bring a smile to their faces!
20. Grandma Necklace
This is such a cute way to tell the future grandma that you’re pregnant. A lovely necklace that is sentimental and grandma can wear for years to come.
In addition, this one from Etsy has such a sweet saying! You’ll definitely get some tears from this pregnancy announcement gifts.
21. Booties in a Box
Sending these booties with a personalized note can be a great way to make a long distance pregnancy reveal to parents. These adorable bottles can be used once baby is here and is a cute way to tell your parent’s that you’re pregnant.
Planning a celebration for a birthday or holiday? When you bring out the cake, use this gorgeous cake topper to make your pregnancy announcement to your parents!
Another way to reveal your pregnancy at your home or a party that you’re throwing is a “baby on the way” banner. Invite your parents over for dinner and throw up this sign.
24. Wrap up a diaper
Another very frugal, but practical way to reveal your pregnancy to family is with a diaper! This may be the last time they’ll see a clean one too.
The rest of them will be the dirty ones they’ll be changing!
25. Crack open an egg
This is a fun way for how to tell your parents or family members that you’re pregnant, especially if it’s around Easter time! Have them crack open an egg to reveal the personalized message.
26. Have them find a ‘bun in the oven’
This is an old classic and typical pregnancy announcement- cooking a bun in the oven! For any holiday or family dinner party, this one of the typical ways to tell your parent’s that you’re pregnant.
27. Mark a calendar with your due date
Take a look at your calendars together and tell them to save this date: your due date! They’ll be so excited for their first grandchild to arrive that they’ll never forget the date!
28. Flat Lay Announcement
If you can’t see your parents in person, or even if you just want to show them a photo, sending them a digital flat lay announcement will be beautiful. You can arrange some baby items on the ground and take a photo and send it via text, email, or mail.
29. Write them a letter from the “bump”
You can order this beautiful sign with the letter printed from A Beautiful Sign on Etsy or simply write it up your self.
30. Have them Complete a Puzzle
Have a parent that is super into puzzles or games? This is a great pregnancy announcement for them.
Give them the puzzle pieces as a gift or on family game night. They’ll love it when they complete the puzzle and finally reveal what it says!
Here are a few more ideas of cute ways to announce pregnancy to your parents:
31. Heartbeat Sound: Record the heartbeat of the first ultrasound and tell them you have new music for them to hear as you turn it on.
32. Game night: Get your family together for a fun game night and ask to play Pictionary or Charades. Act out “we’re having a baby” and wait for someone to guess the wonderful news! Or if you’re a Scrabble family, spell out “I’m expecting” either in one turn or over the course of the game.
33. Wrap up your pregnancy test: Simply place your positive pregnancy test in a gift bag or box for them to open. This works best if you used a digital test that says that you’re pregnant instead of making them try to decipher what the lines mean.
34. A new fortune: Buy a bag of fortune cookies at your local Asian market, then take a pair of tweezers and replace a couple of the fortunes with a printout that announces your pregnancy with a Chinese fortune-sounding twist. Put the cookies in a small box as a gift, or take them with you to a Chinese restaurant and have the server present them to your parents.
Hopefully, this gave you some creative and fun ways to give your parents the surprise of a lifetime when you announce your pregnancy. Also, once you’re ready to reveal the gender of your baby, check out these 8 Fun Ideas for Virtual Gender Reveals.
Don’t forget to record their reaction on video! Their response is sure to be something you will watch over and over.
Congratulations and good luck on your pregnancy reveal to your parents! I hope that you found some awesome pregnancy announcement gifts for grandparents.
This card captures the joy and anticipation that surrounds a new baby! It’s special to share your news with family and friends, so tell them in style. Congratulations on expecting a new baby! We’re so excited for you and we hope you don’t mind us breaking four of the Commandments by telling everyone about your exciting news. The world can wait for another week or two, but the rest of our friends just can’t. Don’t worry, we won’t tell Mom or Dad how much it hurt to keep this secret from them. What? It’s going to be okay…we swear!
What To Write In A Card Announcing Pregnancy
Congratulations! You’re having a baby! With your combined love and support, your little one will grow up to be a caring and compassionate adult. A surprise pregnancy can be an exciting milestone for the whole family. The happy news should be shared in person and with a warm, thoughtful card. This time is made even sweeter with the presence of this adorable baby teddy. Write your message inside or attach to a bouquet of flowers or balloons.” A baby is on the way! Congratulations! We’re so excited for you and can’t wait to meet your little one in person. This card is just a little gift from us to say hello and celebrate everything new that’s coming into your lives.
Photo baby announcements
Your photo baby announcements are sure to delight your loved ones! As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words so let your little one introduce him or herself with a big smile. This will allow you to keep your baby announcement wording short and sweet, with the focus being on your baby’s big blue eyes. If you have chosen your favourite baby photo for your birth announcements but still haven’t decided what to write, take a look at our baby announcement text examples below.
Baby announcement wording ideas
Whether you opt to keep them simple, traditional or fun, we are sure to have a design that will suit your new son or daughter. Just as we have a wide range of styles of birth announcement cards, we are also here to help you with your baby announcement wording with a variety of sample texts in different styles. The options are endless, so simply use our sample baby announcement wording as guidance. Let your creative juices start flowing, and have your cards reflect the personalities of your growing family. We have included a mixture of baby girl announcement wording and baby boy announcement wording.
Whether you need help personalising your birth announcements or finding the perfect words to express your joy at your baby’s arrival, our friendly customer service team are on hand to help. We are available Monday to Friday by phone, email and online chat. Our talented proofreaders will also double check your baby announcement wording to make sure that there are no spelling errors, as part of complimentary retouching service. They will ensure that the style and tone of your baby announcement wording are consistent throughout and may suggest alternative wording where necessary. This means that your birth announcements truly are in safe hands thanks to Rosemood, leaving you to think of nothing but your little bundle of joy.
Traditional baby announcement wording
Traditional baby announcements are usually written in the third person with mention of the proud parents first. Take a look at our examples of traditional baby announcement wording for more inspiration.
Olivia and Connor Harrison,
are happy to announce the birth of their daughter
Alexandra Lynn Paige
Born on Saturday, the fourteenth of August
two thousand and twenty
at 10:34 in the morning
Weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces and measuring 20.2 inches
Please join us in welcoming
Alexandra Lynn Paige
to the Harrison Family
Born on Saturday, the fourteenth of August
two thousand and twenty
at 10:34 in the morning
8 pounds 4 ounces 20.2 inches
Kind regards, Olivia and Connor
Olivia & Connor are delighted to announce
the birth of their daughter
Alexandra Lynn Paige
Born on Saturday, the fourteenth of August
two thousand and twenty
at 10:34 in the morning
8 pounds and 4 ounces & 20.2 inches
Olivia, Connor and big brother Jacob,
are delighted to welcome
Alexandra Lynn Paige
to the Harrison family
Born on Saturday, the fourteenth of August
two thousand and twenty
at 10:34 in the morning
8 pounds 4 ounces 20.2 inches
Informal baby announcement wording
If you would like to opt for more informal baby announcement wording then you can opt for poems, cards addressed from your baby’s siblings or even a birth announcement written in the first person on your baby’s behalf. Take a look at our informal baby announcement wording examples below for more ideas.
You have a very special place in my heart, and I can’t wait to share this new chapter of mine with you! I wanted to make sure it was extra special before we shared the news with the world.
What To Say In A Card For Expecting Parents
Congratulations and best wishes for a joyous new arrival! We hope all your dreams come true as you prepare for parenthood. Warmest regards, Whether you’re sending a “congratulations” or a “big brother love,” this adorable and colorful card will help you celebrate the new addition to the family with humor, sweetness, and joy.
If you’re someone who likes to joke around, and you know the parents-to-be well, it’s fine to go lighter (or even lol funny) with your baby shower message.
- “Have a nice baby. ”
- “Don’t worry. It gets easier after the first 18 years.”
- “Hello, sweet baby days…Bye-bye, big nights out!”
- “So many exciting changes ahead…Most will be sweet, but some will be stinky and require eight baby wipes and a whole new outfit.”
- “Awww…I can’t wait to see what a little-bitty you-guys is going to look like.”
- “Sleep all you can before baby comes. In fact, don’t get up for anything short of labor.”
- “Wow, Smith Baby #4! You guys do know what causes them, right?”
Pro tip: Know your audience
You might put your funny writing idea through the Great Grandma Test before you write it in your card. If it’s read aloud, is it likely to shock and scandalize Great Grandma? When in doubt, pull it back and tone it down.
Focus on the Gift
Because gifts are such a big part of baby showers, it makes perfect sense that your personal message might refer to your gift in some way.
- “Be warned: I almost died of cuteness overload when I was wrapping your gift.”
- “So happy to ‘shower’ you with a few fun things for baby!”
- “I don’t know much about babies, but I hope the gift card will help you buy something you can use.”
- “I think you’re going to like what I got you—it’s straight from your registry!”
- “Hoping this gift will come in handy for you. When my kids were little, it was a lifesaver.”
- “Yay! So happy to share in your shower and bring a little something to help you gear up for baby.”
- “We wanted to make sure you get everything you need, so we all chipped in on this. Enjoy!”
Pro Tip: Explain yourself
If your gift happens to be a family heirloom, or if it’s handmade with love, it’s great to mention that in your card, too.
Focus on the Gathering
It truly is a privilege to celebrate with someone you care about at one of the happiest times in their life. And maybe that’s what you really want to express in your baby-shower message.
- “I’m so happy I could be here to share this exciting time with you.”
- “It means so much to be here with you as you get ready to welcome a precious new life.”
- “Your baby shower is a celebration I wouldn’t have missed for the world!”
- “Blessings to you and your baby-to-be on this happy day.”
- “Thanks for making me part of your special day. Let the shower games begin!”
- “They say it takes a village. As you look at all the smiling faces surrounding you today, I hope you know that’s us. We are your village, and we’ll always be here for you as you raise this precious child.”
Pro Tip: Call the baby names
Want to call baby something a little cuter than just “baby”? Try one of these: cutie, cutie pie, sweetie, sweetie pie, sweet pea, precious one, little one, little love, little spud, cuddle bug, snuggle bug.
Focus on the Parents-to-Be
A baby shower card is also a great place to encourage and express confidence in the parents-to-be.
- “You two are going to make wonderful parents!”
- “Your baby is going to be so blessed to have you.”
- “What a lucky baby, to be born into a family so full of love.”
- “Relax and go with the flow…You’re going to be a natural.”
- “You’ve got all the love and wisdom you need to be an amazing mom.”
- “With two loving dads like you, your baby boy is going to have it all.”
- “Best wishes for this adventure called parenthood. You’ll be great!”
Pro tip: Be supportive
Especially for first-time parents, there really is a little nervousness mixed in with the excitement. The more support and enthusiasm you can send their way, the better.
After Baby Arrives
Most of the message ideas so far assume that the shower is happening before baby arrives. But when he or she is already here, it opens up even more possibilities for what you might write…
- “I’ve loved seeing all the pictures, but it’s so fun to finally be meeting baby Jake today!
- “See? I knew she’d be adorable.”
- “So excited to be at your shower—and to get in a little baby holding while I’m at it. Your little guy is adorable!”
- “Love the name you chose! Evelyn Rose—such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.”
- “Welcome, sweet baby Jack. So happy to join in your big hello party!”
- “It’s so much fun showering you and little Emma with love today.”
Pro Tip: Add insider info
In addition to baby’s name, a post-arrival shower means you’ll also know the birth date, length, weight, and maybe even who baby looks most like. You might choose to incorporate any of these in your card’s message (and/or on a monogrammed gift). New parents will also appreciate some extra help once the baby has arrived. Here’s some ideas for things you could do.
2nd Baby and Beyond
Many of the message examples so far are more geared toward first babies, for whom baby showers are a little more common. But you can use your handwritten message to make your shower card more relevant to a family that already has a kiddo or two.
- “So excited for you and your growing family!”
- “To Sean, Laura, and big-sister-to-be Maddie—Here’s to the new baby boy in your future. He’s going to love you so much!”
- “Your family is about to get even more awesome. Congrats to all of you!”
- “Best wishes to the whole lucky family. This time around, you’ll be baby pros, so you can just focus on enjoying him!”
- “Well, with the addition of this baby, you’re going to be officially outnumbered. Time to switch to zone defense!”
- “Isn’t it amazing how the love just keeps growing?”
Pro Tip: Complement the parenting
Whether first-timers or old hands, parents of newborns watch their worlds become unpredictable and hectic. There’s no better time for a reminder that they’re doing a great job with their kids.
When You Cannot Make It
A baby shower card is still a good way to be there in thought when you can’t be there in person.
- “I’m so sorry to miss your baby shower, but I’m with you in spirit…and in happy anticipation!”
- “I wish I could be there celebrating with you today. Thinking warm thoughts for baby and you…”
- “So bummed I couldn’t be at your shower. Post lots of pictures!”
- “Just wanted to send a little gift and lots of love for your baby shower. Wish I were there with you.”
- “Happy Baby Shower Day! Love you and miss you!”
Pro tip: Leave some things out
If you’d rather not call out the fact that you’re not there, then don’t even mention it. A simple warm wish will do just fine.
Twins and Multiples
You won’t always find a baby shower card specific to expecting multiples. But that’s no problem—you can personalize your card for twins and beyond with what you write.
- “Here’s to your babies-to-be!”
- “A double-dose of baby love! What could be sweeter?”
- “Twins! Wow! Sending you twice the love and best wishes times two.”
- “It’s going to take a lot of gear to outfit THREE babies. I hope this little gift helps!”
- “Can’t wait to help with counting all those fingers and toes.”
- “Good things come in threes!”
- “Double-cuteness runs in our family. Congrats on keeping the tradition going!”
- “If Daenerys Targaryen can raise three fire-breathing dragons, then you can totally handle human triplets. So thrilled for you all!”
Pro tip: Be sensitive
Multiple births are more likely to come with health complications for mom and babies. If you need message ideas for a complicated pregnancy or birth, take a look at this article’s section on Difficult Circumstances.
With adoption, the way the child becomes part of the family may be different, but the joy is the same, and the same kinds of warm words and happy wishes apply.
- “This precious little boy was meant for you, and you for him. Warmest congratulations to your beautiful family.”
- “She simply couldn’t have picked a better family. Congratulations!”
- “A new little person. (Excellent choice!)”
- “Celebrating with you as you welcome this little one into your lives and hearts. Here’s to all the wonder that’s coming your way. Congratulations!”
- “I love seeing your dream come true like this. She was definitely worth the wait!”
Pro Tip: Finding the words
For adoption, remember to steer clear of references to giving birth, or to baby inheriting mom’s eyes or dad’s long legs. If the couple is adopting a toddler or older child, consider bypassing the baby shower cards and going for a general congratulations or a beautiful blank card you know they would love.
Got a favorite quote about babies or parenting? Why not share it when you sign your card?
- “As you welcome your new baby girl, remember: ‘Though, she be but little, she is fierce!’ — Shakespeare Can’t wait till she arrives!”
- “‘Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.’ — Kate Douglas Wiggin So happy for you,”
- “’Babies are such a nice way to start people.’ —Don Herold Congrats on your new little person!”
- “’Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.’ —Shel Silverstein Can’t wait to see all your little boy will be!”
Pro tip: Add a quote
You can draw baby and parenting quotations from children’s books, poetry, Scripture, songs, movie dialogue, Pinterest and more. You can include your quotation in the body of your written message, or you can write the quote on the blank side or top panel.
A warm closing before your signature is like the bow on top of your message. Choose one of ours, or come up with one of your own.
- With love,
- Lots of love,
- Love always,
- Much love to you,
- All my/our love,
- Love you,
- Love and cuddles,
- Hugs and kisses,
- All the best,
- God bless,
- Sweet dreams,
- Happy snuggling,
- Over the moon,
- Tickled pink,
- So thrilled,
- Wishing you sweet times,
- Rock-a-bye and rock on,
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! As a parent, I know that there’s nothing more exciting than welcoming new life into the world. I hope to meet your baby soon! With the new addition to your family on the way and all the preparations you are making, we wanted to share our excitement with you. We look forward to welcoming him or her into ours too!
Please join us as we welcome our new baby into the world. We have all been excitedly waiting for this day, and we can’t wait to meet him or her!
What To Say In Pregnancy Congratulations Card
The most beautiful, heartfelt pregnancy congratulations card for a new mom-to-be. With the word ‘Congratulations’ in beautiful gold foil lettering set on an ivory silk paper, this card is something any new mom is sure to cherish forever. There’s no better occasion to wish someone a wonderful future than when they’re expecting. So congratulate your best friend or favorite co-worker with a special baby shower thank-you card. You’ll find the perfect card for your special occasion here at Paper Source.
Addressing a Baby Shower Card
Once upon a time, baby showers were exclusively female events and addressing the card was simple. These days, you’ll want to consider your relationship to the parents and family, as well as the formality of the event. The invitation will clue you in on how to address the card.
If it’s a formal invitation or a formal baby shower theme (such as a tea party), you may want to use the guest of honor’s full name on the card. The invitation is also the place to check and see if you should include the names of both the mother and father on the card, as it has become more and more popular to have a couple’s shower.
Most personal cards begin with the salutation “Dear” followed by the recipient’s first name and a comma. If you are a close friend of the mother, you can even use a nickname. However you address the card, make sure it matches the name(s) written on the envelope.
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card
The crux of your message will be in the body of the card. What you choose to write will depend on the type of gathering and how close you are with the parents. If you don’t know the family well, a simple message of congratulations is fitting. Close friends and relatives should write from the heart, but if you’re feeling stuck, we’ve gathered some ideas and inspiration for you below.
This is also a good time to bring something personal to the card, such as an anecdote based on your own experience or an inside joke between you and the guest of honor. Personal sentiments are the ones that will be most treasured by the parents-to-be!
Baby Shower Wishes
Baby Shower Wishes of Health
When asked whether they are hoping for a boy or a girl, most mothers will respond with something along the lines of, “all I really hope for is a healthy baby!” Your positive thoughts for both mom and baby will be appreciated as mom heads into the final months of pregnancy.
- Wishing you an easy, safe delivery and a healthy baby.
- A grand adventure is about to begin. Wishing you a safe delivery.
- Welcoming your new baby with wishes of health, joy and plenty of sleep.
- A great joy is coming. Many best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy.
- May you both be happy and healthy.
- Good health to you through the remainder of your pregnancy, and best wishes to you on delivery day.
Baby Shower Wishes for a Boy
A bouncing baby boy will light up the lives of both parents.
- Oh boy! We can’t wait to meet him. Thanks for inviting us to share in your baby shower celebrations.
- If he’s anything like his father, he’ll be a handsome baby boy!
- Get ready for toy cars in all shapes and sizes, for balls, bats bikes and all sorts of surprises. Congratulations on your little man.
- A precious little boy is on the way. What an exciting time for your family.
- This little guy is already blessed with amazing parents. We can’t wait to watch your family grow.
- We hope you have your mom’s smile and your dad’s humor. Lots of love little man.
Baby Shower Wishes for a Girl
Mom’s precious little mini-me will soon arrive on the scene, and both parents will find they have a whole new capacity to love.
- A beautiful little girl to play with and adore, to spoil a little and love a lot, who could ask for more!
- Sugar, spice and everything nice; this is what your new family is made of.
- Booties and bonnets, ribbons and lace, little stuffed toys all over the place. Congratulations on your sweet little girl.
- We’re tickled pink to meet your new baby girl.
- A great joy is coming all wrapped in pink. We can’t wait to meet her.
- We’re tutu excited to meet your darling daughter.
- One minute you’re dressing her in tutus and pink bows, the next you’re buttoning the back of her bridal gown. Enjoy all the little moments; they fly by fast!
- Your daughter will be beautiful, smart and happy—just like her mother!
Baby Shower Wishes for Twins
If the ultrasound results have the expecting parents seeing double, a special message acknowledging their status as a twin mommy and daddy is cute and thoughtful. These messages can also be adjusted for triplets or multiples.
- Twins! Sometimes miracles come in pairs.
- If there’s anything more special than a new baby on the way, it’s two babies on the way!
- Here comes double trouble! Congratulations on your twins.
- It’s twins! Congratulations! Twins mean double the kisses and double the fun. It’s double the joy for everyone.
- There are many reasons to smile, and you just got two more! Congratulations on your twins!
Baby Shower Messages
Baby Shower Messages of Congratulations
Keep it simple and to the point, with an encouraging and sincere wish for the continued happiness of the parents-to-be.
- Many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
- Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness.
- May your new child bring you a lifetime of blessings.
- Congratulations and well wishes on new beginnings.
- Welcome to the world little one! So thrilled that you are here.
- Lots of love and best wishes on the arrival of your new child.
Baby Shower Messages of Wisdom and Assistance
Perhaps you have children (or even grandchildren) of your own, and want to impart wisdom on the parents-to-be.
- If you have any questions about nursing or delivering, feel free to reach out to me. I’ve been there.
- I’d like to bring your favorite meal whenever it’s convenient for you! I will follow up a few days after you return home to check in.
- If you need me to babysit [insert name of other child], please call anytime.
- Please know that I am here to help with dishes or vacuuming so you can bond with the baby.
- The best thing to spend on your baby is time.
- With a new baby, things may get more chaotic, but your house will always be filled with love and laughter. All the best and many happy memories.
- Enjoy every moment because time flies by!
- Enjoy looking after your baby, and don’t forget to pamper yourself.
Baby Shower Messages for Mom
While it’s becoming more and more popular to include both parents at a baby shower, you may want to direct your message specifically to the guest of honor. After all, growing a tiny human is no easy feat!
- Congratulations on your upcoming new arrival! I know you’ll be a wonderful mother.
- A mother-to-be has a wonderful dreams of her child’s future. Such beautiful plans and love that never ends.
- I know you’ll be a wonderful mother.
- The unconditional love that you will feel will be with you from the moment you set eyes on your little one.
- No one can totally prepare you for being a mother, but you’ll learn everything you need to know at just the right times.
- While books and articles can help, motherhood is it’s own learning process. Your child will bring amazing surprises that you never expected.
Funny Baby Shower Messages
Parenthood can be a crazy adventure, and sometimes you just need to laugh about it. These funny messages will help the expectant parents see the lighter side of things, which may become a necessity when the going gets tough. Add these funny baby shower messages in addition to something heartfelt to let them know how much you care.
- You better remember this baby shower. It will be one of the last showers you enjoy in peace.
- Have fun learning how to remove a whole new spectrum of stains!
- Hello, baby! Goodbye, sleep!
- When you are choosing a name for your baby, don’t forget the names of the important people in your life, like me!
- I heard about your newest development. Congratulations on being so creative!
- To test to see if you are ready for a baby, try putting a pair of underwear on a kangaroo.
Adorable Baby Shower Messages
There’s nothing more precious than the miracle of life, and these sentiments express how sweet it truly is to be a parent.
- Baby booties, baby toys, baby shower, baby joys. Warmest wishes to you and your baby.
- Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.
- Of all the precious gifts in life, the best is surely a baby – a blessing for now and forever.
- Sending happy thoughts your way as you prepare to welcome a little someone new to your family. This little miracle will soon make your world more beautiful and happy.
- Love just got real. So very excited for you!
- The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts. Enjoy this love.
Messages for a Second Child
Parenthood the second time around comes with new joys and challenges. A new baby isn’t only a change for the parents, the siblings have to make a big adjustment as well. You may want to acknowledge this new role with a special message or gift for the big brother or sister.
- Your family is growing, and with it love continues to blossom. May your blessings increase tenfold as we welcome your second child.
- Your first child has brought joy to all who have the pleasure of knowing your family. We can’t wait to experience the wonder that will come with your precious new gift.
- A mother’s love is like no other. The smile on your first child’s face shows that your love is abundant. May you continue to delight in your children as your family grows.
- Now the stork knows where you live. May your second child bring as many blessings as your first!
- For a sibling: We know you will be such a wonderful “big brother/sister” and have lots of fun with your new baby brother/sister.
Religious Baby Shower Messages
A little miracle will soon make the parents’ lives richer and more fulfilling. If they are religious, you may want to share a scripture or spiritual sentiment.
- Every child is a gift from God. May God bless your baby.
- I pray for health and happiness for you and your new baby.
- A baby is a blessing, a gift from heaven above!
- Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a real blessing. – Psalm 127:3
- Jesus said, “Let the children come to me and do not stop them, because the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” – Matthew 19:14
Personalized Baby Shower Messages
Add a personal touch, such as the baby’s name (if one has been chosen), or mention the parents’ hobbies. For example, if the dad is an avid guitar player, incorporate something related to music in your message.
- The sweet sound of baby’s voice will be music to your ears.
- I can’t wait to watch your beautiful son/daughter, [name], as he/she grows.
- In a few months, your son will be the newest member of your family football team!
Quotes on Parenthood
If you’re not Shakespeare, you may wish to borrow a few inspirational verses from some well-known authors.
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” –Robert Browning
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” –Eda J. Le Shan
- “A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” –Carl Sandburg
- “I can’t think why mothers love them. All babies do is leak at both ends.” –Douglas Feaver
- “Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.” —William Shatner
While we’ve included many baby shower messages to choose from, the best words are those that come from your heart.
With this beautiful card, you’ll celebrate your friend’s growing family with a smile on your face. This greeting card is a perfect way to congratulate your friend or loved one on that wonderful news. The colorful shower of rainbows and bumble bees are an adorable way to celebrate the expected arrival of this little one. The wording inside reads: “Congratulations on your pregnancy! So happy for you and excited to see what the next 9 months will bring.”
Congratulations on your beautiful baby! Nothing could be more exciting than this new addition to your family. To make sure you’re prepared for motherhood, here are some helpful tips for pregnancy.